Sign in to follow this  
cconesa

B757 and outside view effect on Frames

Hi,I have reinstalled the B757 with the latest version and I am quite pleased with the result. It is slowly being improved and it is now quite enjoyable to fly. It is still a rocket with wings but reading through the forums, it seems (and I have been several times on B757's) that these aircraft are very overpowered in real life anyway.I have a question, though, if I access the VC panel or a side view from the 2D panel, on going to spot view the loading of textures slows down dramatically and for a few seconds the view is jerky until it becomes stable again. However, if I do not access the VC or the side views, the loading from the spot view is very quick. It would seem that the VC has some inference in the MDL and affects the loading of textures and, I presume, the loading of gauges in the spot view (?). Is there a way round this so that using the side views (I rarely use the VC) will not affect the loading of the spot view?.My system is not slow by any means with a Core Duo, 2GB of RAM and a Radeon X1950 video card.Any help will be appreciated.Regards, Christian.

I have had a similar problem. When looking at a side view of the VC from the 2D panel, the FPS will be alot lower and quite choppy. Returning to the front 2D view will result in lower frame rates than I had before. Switching to FSNav and back will get frame rates back to where they were.I posted this problem a while back, but no response.I do get the impression sometimes that posts/emails are ignored if the problems are too minor or troblesome to fix. Just an observation.I experience this with both the 757 and the 777.

One further finding. I deleted all the gauges and the stutters, frame drop all dissappear. I would imagine one or some of the gauges are causing a conflict since the 2D panel works fine.Christian.

Hi Chritian,I have the same problem, can you explain me your solution? I get oom error too when I land on a big airport sometimes. There is a problem with the memory I think. Thank youChristian

Hi Chris,It is quite likely that the PSS B757 is memory hungry. Using the windows system I can see FS9 eating up a good 700MB-800MB of RAM when using the B757. If you have less than 1GB RAM you are likely to have a memory problem.To solve the problem of the FPS and stutters, I deleted all the gauge entries in the VC sections of the panel.cfg (make a backup first). You will loose the gauges in the VC but at least you'll have some kind of side panel. That's it.Regards,Christian.PS: I wish PSS would reply to my original post!.

Hi,Thank you, I have 2GB of memory but yes I know this aircraft "eat" too much memory, that's not correct PSS must think about that...RegardsChristian

Check your other stuff then. I have 2GB of RAM too and I have never run out of memory even at "heavy" airports such as Fly Tampa's KMIA or some of the earlier sceneries that were not known for making good usage of RAM. You must have some other programs running in the background that may be causing the problem. What else do you run concurrently?.Rgds., Christian.

I can get an out of memory if I watch around the plane or change view often before landing. If I don't get an error memory I get an fe.dll or other dll effects... but only with this plane and sometimes with the pmdg 747, but the 757 is the worst.....If I stay in the cockpit and don't watch around me all work perfectly but I must stay quiet in my cockpit.I watch the task manager for the flight lsgg-egll at the beginning I had 1075Mb and progressively I obtain at the end of the flight 1535MB!!! It's too high if I did a replay the pc freeze and I must do a reset.Christian

Weird. I wonder if EGLL has anything to do with it. I must admit I have not used the 757 in EGLL but KMIA that is no light scenery by any means, doesn't have any problems. I have used UK2000 Heathrow Pro v2 with no problems and other aircraft.Christian.

A question for you again, do you have this increase of memory usage during your flight with the 757 or is it stable all the times?I have to try an another flight to test if it's always like that.Thank youChristian

Hi,I think I have found the problem of the 757. The memory increase every time I change view, cockpit 2d to view outside. I try it cold and dark without any other program at the gate, only I switch view inside outside and the memory in the taskbar increase progressively to 900Mo to 1,6Go and I get an fe.dll without do anything with the plane just changing view a lot of time, very strange!!!!I try other plane, and no problems with the others memory stay stable, so I think there is a problem with the texture of the plane or the loading of these texture...Christian

Are you using the latest version?.I did a long flight (6 hours) not long ago and didn't experience any memory issues and I did switch views to spot view quite a few times but no problems - didn't switch to VC though!. I do believe that there was a problem with the early version v1.0 of this aircraft. I'll check it again tonight when I get home.Did you delete the VC gauges from the panel.cfg file to see what happens?.Regards,Christian C.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.