Sign in to follow this  
MM

Team AVSIM Practice Thread #5

Guest KChapman

Descending now. Approx. 15 minutes out.As much as I 'd love to stop by Ketchikan, Annette Island, and BFU North to see some friends and fellow BFU folk...Don't worry. Staying on task. :-)Kevin

Guest KChapman
http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105458.jpgThe winds aloft sure are something this time of year. 216/81 at 19,500 across my 110. 15 degrees behind your right doesn't usually help that much, but 81 knots of it is pretty noticable. :-)Half decent visibility and ceiling, but you'll be referring to your instruments quite a bit this morning, folks.Have fun up there,Kevin

Guest KChapman

P-38L.Mountains galore. Gonna give 'er a whirl.KevinEDIT: Changed destination before takeoff from KIDA to KJAC.

I suggest we fly towards the northeast and across the Atlantic, then maybe down towards Dakar and cross back to south America.Makes for some interesting flying conditions, especially over the north Atlantic this time of year.

In my P-38J as usual.....Dunno if I'll make it within 2 hours, but I'm trying as hard as I can to make it to my hometown airport...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest KChapman

Pickle Lake is the destination this fine morning for staying on the ground. The weather is pure soup across this stretch of Canada. This leg is going to take some real finagling to end it without a smoking hole or a splash. Wish my steed and me luck (P-38L).Kevin

Guest KChapman

Not as bad in the sim as I imagined from the METARs and TAFs. A little horseshoe action at the end, and we're down.For sure, check the weather at your destination. Lots of fields in this area reporting 500' ceilings with freezing drizzle but with 5+SM.Kevinhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105527.jpg

FS crashed when trying to get the screenshot :(