Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

ATC text and sound.

Hi,I have a GF4ti4200, AA off, texture sharpening on (4x). The ATC texts are only white and hard to read, anyway to improve the text quality in XP ?Another thing, when ATC sound starts I get a quick pause in flight, any solution ?Thanks,Ulisses

What drivers are you using for your graphics adapter and did you use the proper procedure for installing any new drivers you may have installed.The quick pause you get may be your sound and graphics adapter sharing the same IRQ. I have a MOBO that shares the same IRQ11 for the on-board NIC, on-board sound, and the graphics adapter. It has that same pause, especially when I am monitoring both COM radios.

Hi,I'm using last 41.09 from Nvidia site in winXP. It's a fresh winXP install, so first driver install.Anti-alias is Off, MipMapping is On, Anisotropic 2X with texture sharpening.About the IRQ, my onboard sound shares the IRQ (11) with the USB 2.0, not sure if it's the problem....and I don't know how to avoid this.Thanks,Ulisses

Hi,I did some tests and the ATC text is clear if I turn texture sharpening off and Anisotropic Filtering to 0 (off) as well...so I think it is the Anisotropic Filtering that kills the fonts aliasing, but anisotropic makes the terrain textures a lot sharper...So...no solution I think :( no way to keep both good (terrain and text)Thanks,Ulisses

Confirmed, I can't get a good ATC text with anisotropic on, maybe shiuld be a way to change fonts or create a black outline in fonts.Ulisses