Sign in to follow this  

Practice runs

I suggest everyone starts getting in some practice flying high performance aircraft into and out of tight high altitude airports at night in poor visibility and crosswinds.Doesn't matter so much what aircraft and airport at this point as we don't know the rules but I've a feeling there will be some "challenging" operations to carry out :)

good to see you on board.Did some flights in the RealAir Spitfire over the week, they don't get much more tricky than that ;)Takeoff from Lukla, then fly to one of the nearby airfields and land in between the mountains on a short dirt strip.

Tonights practice for me is a north atlantic crossing. Will probably end in Greenland. I've tried a couple of practice legs in the ** P51H. It is a pretty good ride but you have to be carefull about using WEP. Too much boost for too long and you will blow the engine. Landings can be tricky too. Don't be too fast and don't stand on the brakes.Jeff Williams

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I re-flew one of my legs from last year race: CYYR (Goose Bay) to BGBW (Narsarsuaq). Had good tailwind and was faster than last year:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136178.jpgGreat to spend a couple of quality hours in the P180.Posted some pics here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=220704&page=

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Spitfire, eh?I recently downloaded the *VERY* great-looking F4U Corsair from AVSIM (the one that got a prize). And it does look very good, but I'll not be flying it in the race: Even when tweaked, it's too hard to risk it when racing. No, unless someone comes up with a better idea, it will be my good, ole P-38 again... Hmm, and just maybe I'll try a few tailwind landings in the Concorde, just in case :)Just kidding - no more tailwind landings in THAT bird!!!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Practice LegI have the Baton.Aircraft: Piaggio AvantiDepart: Hovden Norway (ENOV)Destination: London City (EGLC)On-line on Bushnet w/teamspeak.Jeff Williams

26aLetj.png

Crashed - Change in wind direction and speed caught me off guard and I overstressed the aircraft.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137806.txt

26aLetj.png

I have the baton, ENOV - EGLC

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I have the baton EGLC-LEBL (just over the English channel now).

Baton is free at LEBL. Needed to go around once, ILS capture didn't work as it should, overshot both glideslope and localiser by something massive.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137900.jpgThe "error" is due to something on the ground at London City, Duenna generated an overspeed warning when I hit a bump in the taxiway.

Practice LegI have the baton.Aircraft: Pilatus PC-12Depart: Barcelona (LEBL)Destination: Tangier (GMTT)Online on bushnet. Monitoring TeamspeakJeff Williams

26aLetj.png

Just flightsim crash when switching to full screen. The baton is free at LEBL.Jeff

26aLetj.png

I have the baton.Aircraft: Pilatus PC-12Depart: Barcelona (LEBL)Destination: Tangier (GMTT)Online on bushnet. Monitoring Teamspeak.Jeff Williams

26aLetj.png