Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfoofficer

Practice Thread #5 VNDP-VNBR

P-51D, surplus :)If only I could be certain to catch a lightning flash, I could have made a couple of great screenshot, even if it's dark.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

A suggestion for everyone. In the "I have the Baton" post, write inside the messge (perhaps after takeoff) the proposed route and the aircraft. Say:"OABN-OIZH in the P-38L"Makes it easier to find out what is going on if scrolling down the messages--and adds information about what aircraft are in play.What do you think?MikeAlso, if you're flying in daylight, maybe a single screenshot to add atmosphere. (?)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Well, err, hmmm.....Does a belly landing count? :( According to the Duenna it does - and it WAS a nice landing....Except I forgot the bloody Gear Lever!!!!:-mad -SIGH- Well, better now than in the race, but it still makes me mad at myself. Ok, I think it's only the 2nd time I've done that in all my years of flying :-violin (except in the beginning, of course), but it is still at least 2 too many!The Baton is back at OABN!Sven Sorensen, EKCH

any landing you walk away from is a good one, if you leave the runway operational for the next pilot it's a great one ;)

If the Duenna says it's OK, then it is good enough for us!Must have been a good gentle greaser!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hey, it's all skill and no luck....cough, cough.We're with you on your maiden voyage! Keep the blue side up.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest wt1l

Hi everyone-Let's keep the baton moving southwesterly. We have a Concorde practice leg planned tomorrow and need to get the baton within ~3500 nm of Cape Town, South Africa. All are welcome to fly with us. So far myself, sfoofficer and possibly Gazer are on board. svenks are you available? Let's try to get the baton to Nairobi, Kenya by tomorrow night.Thanks,Chris WT1L