Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfoofficer

Practice Thread #7

arrvoo, I'm looking into the Bushnet connect problem. Only you and Jeroen are on at the moment. Any chance of getting you to disconnect, and report here when done?Otherwise, what time is your ETA - then we can try it when the Baton is free (whoever is carrying it)Any chance of you getting on teamspeak?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

arrvoo, the only reason I'm adressing this to you, is that you are the only one I haven't flown with. Also, When I first logged on, only you and Jeroen were there (with Jeroen logged on first), so it might be one of you inadvertenly causing the problem.Anyway I found some more info. If the following applies to you, you need do something to your router.QTEWhat is the error "Unable to connect to all players"?This error is displayed by FS2004 when trying to connect to a session. Usually it happens when someone else that's already in the session is using a router and hasn't forwarded the correct ports. When your FS2004 tries to join, it gets a list of all the players currently in the session and tries to connect to them. But when it tries to connect to the player with the bad router, it isn't able to communicate with it, so FS2004 aborts the connection (note that FS2002 would happily connect anyway and just not show that player, but FS2004 now uses newer DirectX functions that return an error in this case, so FS2004 actually isn't able to connect this way anymore). Unfortunately there's not an easy way of figuring out which player is causing the problem, but if you ask everyone if they're using a router, and one of them says they are, and doesn't know about port forwarding, it's a good chance it's him :-)UNQTEBRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Hi JozefTrue, and I think we both have connected first. I think the problem occurs once they guy with the bad setup connects - then everybody else might have problems.I also use a router with a firewall. But that is a 'Stateful Packet Inspection' firewall, which means (among other things), that it know that I started the connection, hence it allows other ports to be open to the same connection (simplified, I know).BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

everything went smoothly until I hit the non-existent ground...

Sven I've now forwarded the UDP ports as specified in the guide. However i cannot open a "range" of ports for the TCP and UDP(2300-2400) . My router only allows up to 20 port forwardings in total.Sorry if i've caused this problem, but i've never had any problems connecting whatsoever so thought everything was set up fine.I'm on TS now if you want me to try disconnecting, although i'd rather wait til i'd finished my practice leg

Harv.png?dl=1

arrvoo, I'm definately not sure this has anything to do with you or your setup.In fact, I can see that other people has connected after you, so this might be a wild goose chase.But it is worth a try to see if there is any difference when you disconnect - but wait until your flight is over! BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

arrvoo, Gazer75 suggests that we both try to connect to his multiplayer, Then we can see if there is a problem... :)Sven Sorensen, EKCH

Jozef, when you join teamspeak, you got use the Push to Talk option. Otherwise it all goes wrong.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Jozef_K

Sven, I connected to that IP and I could hear you guys clearly. But I couldn't get a seperate mic to work. Then I was kicked out of the session. I let my son have a look at that mic it next weekend. Is this IP the usual connection for the AVSim team?Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

No, it's more of a backup for now.You got kicked, because you need to enable Push to Talk, otherwise all our conversations gets screwed upBrgdsSven Sorensen, EKCH