Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Is it possible to add a few more demos to the demo?

I am very interested in this program-but it is a lot of US $$$'s.I don't have a problem paying this-but I really need to evaluate more what it can do before I am comfortable parting with this amount of money-and I don't feel the 3 canned demos give enough info.Is it possible to add a few more to the demo-or better-the possibility for an end user to try a single user customized flight?http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Geoffrey,You can make your own flightplans using the three airports with any aircraft you have, use whatever routing you want to get there and make them VFR or IFR. I took several combinations of flights in and out of these three airports with about ten of the payware aircraft I have while I was evaluating it.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

That's the same thing I wanted to do :) since I fly in the Pacific Northwest and am reasonably familiar with the whole west coast. I have been very pleased with the full version. I already submitted a review using the program to fly FlightOne's Meridian from Bellingham, WA to Boeing Field Int'l (basically the return trip for the video released by Flight Video Productions {are they still around?} about a year ago in a real Meridian). I find now that I only want to use the sim with VoxATC cause it is that much better.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I envy you flying out there-Washington is one of the few US states I haven't yet flown to-it is on my list....I have to say-I was impressed last night when I tried it again. I was flying along at altitude-getting bored and a little sleepy when suddenly voxatc stated "hold on the xyz radial, southeast-5 mile legs. Woke me up-had me a little flustered like real life as I tried to quickly figure out the pattern and entry. Pretty cool!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Zane, yes, and thank you for that review. Have the staff received it? I am in the dark about it, but saw the email traffic earlier about it. I look forward to seeing it.

Tom,Yes, Maury's got it now and said he'd have a chance to look it over today.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>That's the same thing I wanted to do :) since I fly in the>Pacific Northwest and am reasonably familiar with the whole>west coast. I have been very pleased with the full version. >I already submitted a review using the program to fly>FlightOne's Meridian from Bellingham, WA to Boeing Field Int'l>(basically the return trip for the video released by Flight>Video Productions {are they still around?} about a year ago in>a real Meridian). I find now that I only want to use the sim>with VoxATC cause it is that much better.>>ZaneZane,I have recently downloaded the demo version and have tried one flight but my FS crashed to desktop part way into the flight (not sure why). I was just wondering if you have an electronic version of your review that you mention or could point me to it on the web?My email address is:stuart.hyett@btinternet.com

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hello Stuart,I only have the Word version on my computer. It should be up very soon :). Hopefully your CTD was unrelated to VoxATC (my CTD's have almost always been weather related, or pre 9.1 seasonal). Try one of the different demo flights or create your own using two of the three usable airports.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest harvey crosby

I'd also like to see more possible flights. It's clear from this forum that the few that are available don't come near what many people are used to flying - me certainly (being in the UK!) Could the program not simply be time-limited to protect it? After all, what does the demo demonstrate? - that the program can work for three airports. Big deal! The rest we're being asked to take on trust, and

I understand your concern Harvey. The purpose of the demo though, is to confirm that the program will work well on your system and that you like the way that it works. Since the system is designed using FAA terminology three US airports were chosen to fly between in the demo version. There was nothing special about those particular airports nor was the program written to work any better or even differently at those specific airports. While it would be nice to offer the full program with a 30 day time limit as the demo I'm afraid that that limitation would be easy for anyone with knowledge of how to modify registry settings to work around and thus abuse the privelege of having the demo.If you encounter difficulties with the full registered program with a specific airport or navaid name there are ways using AFCAD and in addition through a name processor file within VoxATC that allow you to modify specific names. Customer service with VoxATC has been first rate and they have been very quick to fix any problems that I have encountered.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888