Sign in to follow this  
gillesdubois

VoxATC Emergency Heading

Zane,I purchased VoxATC and use it with long IFR flights.Flight from CYYZ (Toronto Pearson) to CYHZ (Halifax Intl)AirBus A320, at FL390, flight time 2 hours.Departure SID and STAR filled out, everything just wonderful.Enroute, around YSJ Vor, ATC routed me in a complete 360 degree circle and resume Fly Plan. I beleive it was an emergency.Again, just before MLT Vor, ATC routed me in a 360 degree patern, and then resume Fly Plan. I don't mind maybe once, but twice in the same flight. I was 21 minutes late for arrival at Halifax.I though I let you know and have some of your comments.The program is well done and I enjoyed it very much, once you learned how to set SID and STAR properly.Also, I noticed that VoxATC do not use the STAR approach for the airport, but it bring you in right on a dime and also use ILS approach runways.ThanksRegardsGilles DuboisOntario, Canada

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Gilles,That sounds like the vectoring for traffic that VoxATC will do if you select "enroute traffic instructions" in the option box (that's the box you set your call sign in). While this function works nicely with slower moving GA type traffic jets are usually going fast enough that the instructions turn into a 360 degree turn. Check that screen to see if it is enabled and disable it on your next flight.Zane

Thanks Zane,I will try this, the Enroute Traffic Instructions box was enabled.Although this give some sense of reality, at least I have a choice.Thanks again for you rapid response. It is appreciated.RegardsGilles Dunois