Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ronin81

Controller suddenly stops talking

Guest Ronin81

Hello Zane!I just finished a flight from EDDS-EDDT with SID/STAR planned using FSbuild2 without any problems :-) So I think (as you just mentioned) the problem is not the plan.Although I had this problem regularly before it never occured on the last flights. What I did was this:[ol][li]Setting up situation with completly clear skies (via FSUIPC) and the default Cessna Skylane[/li][li]Loading the FsBuild plan into default planner, deleting all unnecessary waypoints (SID/STAR) and saving it (overwriting the old one).[/li][li]Saving this situation for later use[/li][li]Loading the PMDG737[/li][li]Connecting ActiveSky and hit the 'refresh' button[/li][li]Waiting some time (5min) for the weather changes to take effect[/li][li]Starting VoxAtc[/li][li]having a great flight ;-) [/li][/ol]Recently it occured sometimes that I had to read a controller instruction twice before getting an answer - even so the prompter turned to blue at the first time. Is this normal?Thanks for your help again!BTW: you mentioned something about a patch. Do the guys from VoxATC have an official list what they intend to change? Point one on my wish list would be that you can specify the runway and approach before starting the flight.Maybe in the SID/STAR setup

Hi Dom,The prompter will turn blue when your callsign is recognized which doesn't always mean that your request was understood. There is an update being planned but at this point I do not have an official list of improvements. Since VoxATC runway selection is based on current weather I doubt there will be any provision for forcing a runway selection... you can always request a specific runway on your initial call to ground for taxi instructions. So, instead of asking for taxi instructions, request taxi to (specific runway) for takeoff. I have had to ask for a specific runway a few times when the program just wouldn't allow the option after being given taxi instructions. This usually happens if your startup point is close to the departure end of the program's chosen runway (the program has already advanced to switching you to tower frequency before you have time to make your request). When first contacting approach you can also ask for a specific approach, the manual goes over proper lingo but you still have to practice a few times to get it right ;).Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888