Sign in to follow this  
Guest JiWe

Vox with pre recorded voices

Hi! I realy like the Vox atc I have as a demo right now....waiting for the FSX version before I buy anything.I just wonder, is it hard to make the program with pre recorded voices? like the default ATC does it.I mean isn't it possible to use the voice recognition device just to recognice me and then trigger the ATC to play a pre recorded message (that I think will sound much more natural).For me the flightsim is all about immersion....and talking to atc with my own voice is super great immersion BUT getting a robot reply is Not.I realise the AT&T voice pack does it better but thats only two voices! we need more, its boring to hear the same person talking and responding to themselves. (use some effekts on the voices to make it sound as if it comes from a radio and not as if they sitt beside me)the use of vox together with AI aircrafts is a must and I hope that will be solved better with the FSX releas than useing the multiplayer for it to work.This Is a great product and Im sure it will be the product everybody has to have in a few years...hopefully erlier.Right now I give Vox ATC a 7 out of 10 with natural replys and good AI control this will get a 20 out of 10I hope it will get there with the 4.3 releasethats my two cents.. I hope you can see a question somewhere in there too ;)/Joel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi! I realy like the Vox atc I have as a demo right>now....waiting for the FSX version before I buy anything.Version 4 will work in FS2004 or FSX>I just wonder, is it hard to make the program with pre>recorded voices? like the default ATC does it.Yes, it is ;).>I mean isn't it possible to use the voice recognition device>just to recognice me and then trigger the ATC to play a pre>recorded message (that I think will sound much more natural).Take a look at the ATC Voicepack SDK for FS2004 just to get a realization for just the quantity of voicebits needed to get its limited functionality and to top that all those voicebits need to be made so they can fit seamlessly with the next... care to undertake such a project? Only Microsoft can sell enough units to justify the costs.>For me the flightsim is all about immersion....and talking to>atc with my own voice is super great immersion BUT getting a>robot reply is Not.Trying to listen on a real aircraft radio can be pretty difficult at times too ;).>I realise the AT&T voice pack does it better but thats only>two voices! we need more, its boring to hear the same person>talking and responding to themselves. (use some effekts on the>voices to make it sound as if it comes from a radio and not as>if they sitt beside me).Enhanced voice packs will help and they are modified by VoxATC to sound like additional voices so you only need two, one male, one female.>the use of vox together with AI aircrafts is a must and I hope>that will be solved better with the FSX releas than useing the>multiplayer for it to work.It looks like the SDK for FSX has finally opened some functionality that will allow developers to do just that. In the meantime the current UK version 3 of VoxATC and the upcoming version 4 have AI traffic capability through feeding the traffic back through the Multiplayer port.>This Is a great product and Im sure it will be the product>everybody has to have in a few years...hopefully erlier.I basically do all my flying with it and really don't have any complaints.>Right now I give Vox ATC a 7 out of 10 with natural replys and>good AI control this will get a 20 out of 10>>I hope it will get there with the 4.3 release>>thats my two cents.. I hope you can see a question somewhere>in there too ;)>>/JoelI think I found a question in there ;)Have fun flyin'Zane

I use the extended 'AT+T' voice packs, works fine too.