Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frugal

Problem with KLAS

It seems there is a bug when flying into KLAS. VOXATC goes into a never ending loop and no amount of disabling and re-enabling will fix it. The only option is to disable VOXATC and land without ATC. I notice that others in the forum have reported the endless loop problem and it was suggested that it was a voice recognition problem. However both in my case and the other posts the problem occurs at KLAS. Here's what I get.VOX: British Three Six Niner contact Las Vegas Aproach on 125.025 (may not be the exact frequency but it's close)Las Vegas Approach British Three Six Niner with you at 7600 descending to 12000VOX: Roger British Three Six Niner altimiter 2994Altimiter 2994 British Three Six Niner.VOX: British Three Six Niner descend and maintain 12000 feet.Descend and maintain 12000 feet British Three Six NinerVOX: British Three Six Niner contact Las Vegas Aproach on 125.025And here we go in an endless loop, same thing happens whenever I fly into KLAS.I just installed Megascenery Las Vegas and hoped that re-indexing might fix it but all the new scenery changed was the altimiter setting which is now 3048 instead of 2996. I must admit I'm not having a great experience with VOXATC so far. I have yet to get from A to B without the ATC having some kind of issue. My last flight it put me in a holding pattern then forgot about me, after 25 minutes I decided I'd better restart VOX as there is no request to exit hold option. On the demo flight to Eppley ATC told me to contact when I had a visual on the runway but never gave me the option to do so and eventually I had to land without ATC as a restart didn't help. I hope I can get this working reliably and that the klas issue gets resolved because this really does add a lot of immersion when it works.Mark "Frugal" BushManaging EditorFrugal's World of Simulationshttp://www.frugalsworld.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think this problem could be related to STARS. I loaded a flight last night and forgot to load it twice so the SID and STAR were not picked up and I got vectored in for an ILS approach to KLAS. Unfortunately I had to do a missed approach because VOXATC decided to send me back up to 35k at PRINO after diverting me for traffic. I was very pleased with the way VOX handled the missed approach. I'll experiment some more and report back. Mark "Frugal" BushManaging EditorFrugal's World of Simulationshttp://www.frugalsworld.com

Mark,I tried a flight from Denver with SIDs and Stars unfortunatly I had 3 FATAL errors along the way and had to restart, but VOX didn't pick up the STAR when I finally got to Las Vegas. I did not get any repeated messages or loops. The fatal errors may have had something to do with. Probably not much help but I tried. Harald

Same thing happens all the time when flying from EHAM to EDDF and contacting Langen Center. I made this trip dozens of times and tried everything to avoid or break the "deadly loop". Can't figure it out.Digger57

It seems that it is definately connected to having a STAR, I've tried 2 versions of the flight, the one with the STAR always gets stuck in a loop, the one without the STAR always gets vectored in. Mark "Frugal" BushManaging EditorFrugal's World of Simulationshttp://www.frugalsworld.com