Sign in to follow this  
ssanchez

No ATC Unit Found

Hello guys.First and foremost, let me tell you that... before the issues I'm about to post, I used to really enjoy VOXATC. I think is a great product and that is why, I would like to see a solution for my issues.About 2 or 3 months ago, I reformated my HD. After installation of all my software, including FSX SP1 and Acceleration, I noticed VOXATC a little weird...I flew both the IFR and VFR trainers, The VFR first. When I started the VFR flight, there were like 10,000 planes on the horizon coming in for landing... I must admit that waiting at the end of the runway watching planes land and go-around was fun at first, but then the planes just kept coming, so I did a rw incursion and took off. I disabled VOXATC and then enabled again and went ahead with the rest of the flight. No more issues there. Even when flying the IFR.Ever since, when I try to file a VFR flight plan, I get either "No flight plan loaded" or "No ATC Unit Found" or in the best of cases, I get "set for local VFR" but I no longer get any other options.I have to admint that I did not have acceleration before reformating my HD and that is the only change (aside of more planes) that I've done to FSX.If you guys could help me, I would extremely appreciate it... And please... dont tell me to use FSX without the Acceleration package.:)

I am using Acceleration with VoxATC so don't think that is your problem. Your post indicates numerous possibilities for trouble though. First off sounds like you may have AI traffic set in FSX as well as in VoxATC, check that the AI traffic is 0% for both airline and GA traffic within FSX, depending on your computer speed set the traffic in VoxATC to less than 50% (I use 30-40%).If you are using an outside program to make your flightplans this can cause problems when VoxATC is trying to read the flightplan, even if you have constructed your flightplan outside of FSX use the FSX flightplanner to enter the waypoints and use that FSX made flightplan for your flight. You are saving the flight situation with the attached flightplan aren't you, then loading that flight?If you are running antivirus/firewall software (which I do recommend) there can be a bottleneck with communication since SimConnect uses the TCP/IP protocol causing your AV/FW to check all these communications between FSX and VoxATC. Most AV/FW programs have options allowing for exclusions. I use NOD32 and have it set to exclude FSX and VoxATC (as well as other programs running with FSX like TrackIR).You may have your settings too high for your hardware causing VoxATC to stumble a bit. A dual core processor does help with this but if your sliders are too much for what you got your gonna enjoy the sim less not more. There are some good tutorials out there for optimizing your sim.If you have installed new aircraft or scenery you need to run the indexer again for VoxATC. This usually results in an error message for VoxATC telling you to disable VoxATC which you did not state getting but nonetheless a good idea to run every so often.If you have already tried all this I would recommend uninstalling VoxATC and make sure the folders for Internal Workings are also removed and then do a fresh installation.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks for a quick answer Zane.FSX traffic was at 10% I modded to 0%, VOXATC Traffic is 10%. I have a P4 3.0 HT so my sliders are almost all the way to the left... I am using FSX Flight Planner to set my flights.Heres what I learned this morning...I have modified my default flight from the trike flying over Friday Harbor to the Default Cessna 172 at 52F and everything off. I am using FSX to simulate my real world flight training...This morning I did a reset to the original default flight, and VOXATC worked fine.Does this mean I cannot longer use the Cold and Dark situation?I would load the cold and dark situation, the using the in game menu, modify the plane, weather and everything, then create the flight plan, save and go flying... Do I need to create the plan before loading the situation?

If your default flight is still using a default aircraft it might be OK. You can create the flight situation as you are describing but after saving the flight situation go and load that same flight situation that you just saved, then VoxATC should have the correct information loaded for you to enjoy your flight.For your information my default flight situation is the Baron shut down and with half fuel sitting at a parking place at KHIO which is where I frequently fly out of in real life. What I have told you to do is what I do myself, create the flight situation, create a flight plan, set up the weather (unless using ASv6), save the situation, then load that situation and go flying and VoxATC works fine.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

As far as being overwhelmed by arriving aircraft, I had that happen at KSEA when using VoxATC and My TrafficX. I tried a number of things to fix this issue but reindexing a couple times seemed to be the cure. I have an older AthlonXP based PC and so generally keep my traffic level below 50%. Before loading my desired flight I always load my default flight with the stock C172, cold and dark, clear weather, a mid sized stock airport and then load the desired saved flight with flight plan over my default flight. Once the flight loads I select the desired aircraft. After the aircraft is loaded I start VoxATC. Because VoxATC is using a big hunk of my midstream PC, I click on FSX settings, general settings and listen for the initialization, including the initial AI aircraft, to complete. At this point I return to the cockpit and proceed with my departure. I am not using acceleration but do have both SP1 and 2 installed. Generally, I have had very good results with both IFR and VRF with VoxATC-X. Good luck.