Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

Aircraft Type Recognition

I've used the Aircraft Type Name Editor to change my aircraft type to "C five five zero", which should give me a call sign of "Citation". Instead, I get a call sign of "tycho".Is there a way to get VoxATC to recognize the Cessna Citation properly?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Hi Kurt,Actually looking them over the ICAO list may not yet have been updated for this aircraft. Try entering "Citation" next to this aircraft.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks, Zane...that didn't do the trick.I'll use the Airline selection and give it a callsign.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I wonder if you need to re-run the indexer after making this change?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Ran it.Now I seem to have taken a big step backwards: VoxATC stops when it asks me to tune to ATIS at the very beginning. No ATIS playing, nothing. I'm about to uninstall and reinstall.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Remake the original flight and flightplan first so start from scratch with the flight, save it, then open it again and enable VoxATC and see if it now works. If you have had any FSX problems and force shut FSX down you may need to reboot.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Back in bidness. Rebooting did the trick.Works great using an "airline" callsign.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

I contacted VoxATC support about this issue and Tegwyn replied,"To change the type name you need to edit the aircraft.cfg file for the citation. In the general section, change the atc_type. For example the lear 45 has[General]atc_type=BOMBARDIERatc_model=LJ45this could be changed to just Lear (which VoxATC uses anyway)[General]atc_type=LEARatc_model=LJ45in your case you want[General]atc_type=CITATIONMake sure you make a backup copy before doing any editing!"I made the change and reindexed and now get the desired Citation call sign. I also discovered that you get the call sign associated with the aircraft saved with your flight. So if you load a flight saved with the default C172 and change the aircraft to a Beechcraft for example and then start VoxATC you will get the Cessna callsign. Now that the Citation is taken care of I'm off to change my Cessna 441 callsign from Cessna to Conquest, no more run of the mill Cessna for me. Happy flying.

That worked!!!Gotta love it!Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Thanks Bruce :-)

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888