Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

Question on Meridian and Win98.

Hi all,I have a friend who, at my suggestion, went to download the Meridian last night- until he saw the Win98 clause on the download site (I have XP, so haven't been through this). With his permission, here's some of an e-mail he sent to me:".......I went to get the meridian last night but saw that there may be some campatibilty issues asociated with Windows 98, which I have. It then goes on to give you a download of the Garmin GPS to check and see if your system will run properly. Well, after downloading the first file, it then says you need to download another file located on the Reality XP website and I cannot find that file anywhere. It is called the Garmin trainer file, but cannnot find it. I didn't want to spend the money for this thing and not have it work. Not sure what to do from here...."Has anyone with Win98 tried this, and is there an easy answer to this question?Thanks for any help. This may be the wrong place to post about the Meridian?Bruce.

Bruce, I have run the Meridian on Win98SE and it worked very well for me.So... it can work..I do suggest, however, that your friend try the Garmin trainer first..Worst case.. the Meridian does come with a full refund clause..Good luck!

Bert

Apart from the help you already have received, here

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

I've directed my friend by e-mail to these helpful replies. Thanks again.Bruce.KBJC, Jeffco, CO.

Guest DanWalloch

With my experience with win98 and the F1 meridian, there are no problems with it. It's just that win98 hogs resources that could be used to run programs faster. While I was do'n beta testing for the meridian to see the effects with win98, I found none.

Guest SoarPics

Hi, DanI ran the tests linked from the Flight1 sight, and got a Garmin Trainer .dll error. I'd like to try the Meridian, but I'm a bit unsure what to do.Any advice/ideas?Thanks,