Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Help Pls.

Can anyone tell me what the APG setting is for on the video card setup panel? I have a setting that goes all the way up to x8 on my ATI 9700. Not sure if I should have this one or not?Thanks for any help...Capt.Mac

That setting sets how fast data is transfered from the motherboard to the card. You really don't need the 8x setting right now, since MSFS 2002, or any current games for that matter, need to transfer data that fast.I recomend setting it a 8x, so you don't have to change it for any new software you might install. Before you do this though, double check that your motherboard can support an 8x AGP setting, otherwise, you might run into problems.If you don't know if your motherboard can support this, set it a 4x, because that is all MSFS needs, and most likely, your motherboard can support it.Hope I could help,-JD Power

Thank you so very much. I've just purchased a new 2.53mhz Pentium IV and have been loving it but I sometimes get stuck on some of the settings. I'll take a look at my motherboard specs.Thanks again.Capt.Mac

Set it to 8x if your motherboard supports 8x AGP....if it doesn't support it certainly don't set it to that......unless you want possible issues later and NO increase in performance. :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3