Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

Question Regarding Automatit Takeoff Calls

Hello, first off as a new user, I'd like to compliment you on a terrific addon! This adds a whole new world to the sim! So far I have gotten everything to work well with one exception. I cannot seem to get the automatic takeoff call for rotation to work properly. I make sure I get the PA brief saying the cabin's ready. I click the main button to ask if the FO's ready. I then click the E/T button on the chrono and the capt says Taking Off. However when the speed reaches the yellow bug, he never calls rotation. Everything afterwards is automatic as it should be. I have also made sure the Briefing Mode is in Takeoff. My first question is: Does it matter if the bugs aren't exactly at the proper speeds? I am having a slighty hard time getting the bugs on the exact speeds (I'm normally off by a knot or two). One last question. Is there any chance you would consider a way to somehow skip or fast forward the FO's initial checks of the cockpit? (T - 22 to T - 18 minutes) The first few times it's not too bad, but it can be a little cumbersome to troubleshoot any issues. Again, thanks for a terrific addon! Robert Williamson

Hello Robert,Glad to hear you like it :-)1. The Capt/PF (that's you) calls Rotation. It's a unique thing about the airline I modeled. Usually it's the PNF who calls rotate, but not at this airline. Click the Main Button to call Rotate.2. Bugs speeds don't need to be exact; if they're off by a bit the simulation will still function.3. Can't fast forward the FO's flow I'm afraid. He has to be allowed to complete his cockpit setup flow. Use the time to grab a coffee or something.All the best,Bryan

Hello, thanks for the prompt reply! So my understanding is: the Captain doesn't automatically call rotate if set for automatic t/o callouts, I need to click the main button just for him to call rotate (all other calls are automatic till the Inner 170 call) Robert Williamson

There is an option for automatic takeoff calls in the program, but I'd have to go digging through my notes and own manuals to see if that also includes the Capt's Rotate call.Given the way you appear to have things set up now, you'll need to press the Main Button to call Rotate.Chrs,Bryan