Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Suggestion for future feature

Guest AJ

First off, let me just say that I have no idea if this is feasable from a programing standpoint or not, but it would be really handy if the FO could set the MCP according to ATC instructions. This would be especially handy for when the Captain is hand flying the airplane. Even when not using the autopilot, pilots often set heading, altitude and speed bugs acording to ATC instructions. This serves two functions. First, it helps the pilot remember the instructions. Second, if the pilot decides to turn on the autopilot, it is already set to his current heading,speed, altitude etc. For flightsimmers who do not have a yoke, it can also be quite tricky switching hands with the joystick and reaching over to grab the mouse to adjust the MCP. If the FO could tak care of this, it would take some pressure off the pilot flying.

Guest BenBaron

I am not a person knowing how to pogram but I think this ain't possible at the moment as you would have to read out the FS-ATC commands...not to speak about online ATC, than ;-) . Nice idea, but maybe in some years (keep on dreamin).

Guest AJ

I kind of figured that, but thought I would mention it just to get the idea out their.

Guest duncan

wasn't sure where to put this postAnother suggestion for the future, I have noticed that sometimes the PNF will call glide slope alive at an inappropriate time, this is proberbly due to me setting up the radios early, and being directed around by ATC (Radar Contact).How about on one of the screens prior to this call being made (proberbly the approach) haveing an input field for the runway direction, once this is entered, if the aircraft direction is within say 10 degrees of this entry, then the call is made, else its ignored until the aircraft is in the right position, this should stop the invalid calls.Its a great program, I am looking forward to the 767 version and would rearly like an airbus versionThanks for all your hard workDuncan

I'm just a sim pilot and I've only seen so many cockpit videos, but in most of them the pilot flying sets most of the MCP, namely those that cause an immediate reaction from the aircraft. For example, heading, V/S and speed settings. PNF usually sets the limiting values like altitude. Of course it all depends on company SOPs.So I don't think we would miss much realism if this is not included..