Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread #3

Guest dcc

Mike -- I'm in the realworld right now :-) but I can fly a leg where ever we're at by say 9:00pm EST (approx 10.5 hours from now)by the looks of the map (great map, btw, thanks!) we've really gained some ground and we're back in the running! Go Team AVSIM!!!- dcc

btw.... the map is missing my stop at PACY..... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Hey all,What are some airport ID's for these destinations? I'm having a hard time finding any airports for Sulawesi in FS... Plans change of course, but some ideas of whats where for those un-worldy of us would be great :-).edit: Hasanuddin maybe?Thanks,Elrond

current plan calls for RPMD and WAPP before hitting Darwin.From there to Bali and follow the archipelago up before hopping over to Ceylon (Sri Lanka).And if you want to hop in for a leg, we'd be glad to have you aboard.I don't know if I should trust my FMC anymore.ETA shows 50 minutes to go, ETE shows 1:40 hours :-) Going from distance to go, I'd say the ETE is correct so I should land around 18:15Z.

Great, thanks Jeroen.edit: I'm trying to free up a couple hours of my schedule so I can help out for a leg... Haven't been successful just yet, but I'm still trying for sometime this afternoon or early evening.Elrond

Elrond,It would be terrific to have you on board.Can you pick up for Jeroen at 1815Z? Or should we look for you later?Mike(Sorry to kibitz here, but we at AVSIM need to coordinate to overcome the huge lead over at Flightsim.com--and to compensate for our decision to go East to West against the prevailing winds. I'm partially responsible for the latter bit of, shall we say, stupidity. Been kicking myself for hours...)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

One hour left to go. Anyone ready to take over yet?20 minutes out. Time is getting critical if we want to keep up the flow people.

ETA 17:15Z if my FMS is back to normal (it was a bit confused earlier, forgot it had passed a waypoint and I had to reprogram it).Meanwhile, I've succeeded in working the race thread away from the first page in the fs.com forums :-lolNow if it remains forgotten... :-rotor

Jeroen reports 1 hour left before reaching Manilla. That means his ETA is still about 1815Z (or 1:15 EST).See post #37 above.We need someone fueled, flightplan loaded, and ready to go on the tarmac at Manilla.Any Volunteers?If you have only an hour or two, simply head southward as far as you can go. The faster the better. Even a short flight would help.We need to keep the baton moving.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest metamarty

I can be ready around 18:15Z, if I make it in time. Could be 18:25Z if traffic is bad.

Guest Matt Johnson

Will be available in 30 minutes or so if I'm needed for a flight.--M

Guest metamarty

I'm ready at manilla for a flight to Celebes island

I have landed at Manilla (RPLL).screenshots in a moment.ILS acted very weird, so I flew in on visual with the VOR for backup.