Sign in to follow this  

#4 RTW Race Thread #4

Quoting MM"In practice--with the King Air--one might expect to cover 350-420 miles in a 2 hour flight (with takeoff, ascent, descent, and landing)."Mike, i guess you can cover a bit more than that... My flight was around 630 NM and i took 2H35 what gives around 500 NM for a two hour flight. My ground Speed was between 290 an 300 Kts enroute, so i believe that if you push it a bit the 2 hours would give us just about 500 NM. Besides we need to be more efficient to make up for the loss time and for the headwinds. :)RegardsFrancisco Leit

All,We need to coordinate our flightplans today.The idea is first to jump across the Bay of Bengal to Sri Lanka. From Sri Lanka, fly to Porbandar (VAPR), just northwest of Mumbai. (This will take two 500 nm flights.) Then cross over the Arabian Sea to Masirah Island (OOMA)--a flight of only 604 nm.If we go off to the north up the Malay Peninsula, then we'll lose many many hours to the Flightsim team.So head up Sumatra to WITT. Then either go directly to Sri Lanka or skip over to VOCX for a shorter puddle hop.We will all understand if you need a little extra time to jump the ocean...more than exactly two hours.Here's a picture of the first puddle hop.Mike---

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Made in, I'm in Kuala Lumpur.Seewww.get-online-today.com/kuala.jpgSorry, didn't wanted to cause any troubles. No, I'm not flying for the others!! I only wanted to inform them of the continents.

Lufthansa_835,Are you doing well in your flight? 2 Hours without hearing from you...we are worried about you.Might you give us an ETA so that we can ready someone to take the baton?Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Lufthansas_835,Whew. Good to have you on board the AVSIM team. Look forward to working with you again. Great flight!Any volunteers? Please?Note that we are hopping over the Indian Ocean today.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

All, No one here so I'll get the baton rolling along. (Sorry, I have to go to work in a couple of hours, so cannot take a long flight.)Destination is WITT at the end of Sumatra. To set up the hop across the Indian Ocean.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

In the air. ETE 1:30.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Did you get a shot of the flight analisys screen? I know they've been letting it slide, but please be more careful.

Guest Matt Johnson

Switch to the new thread please ;-)--M