Sign in to follow this  

#8 Avsim vs FlightSim RTW Race Thread #8

The race continues here. The baton is currently in the hands of Johan van Wijngaarden, flying from Cabo Verde (GVFM) to Fortaleze in Brazil (SBFZ).This excellent map was created by Matt Johnson to illustrate the race progress of both teams. http://www.avsim.com/~mattj/map/NOTICE TO AIRMEN #1: Make sure you reply to this post when you make your I HAVE THE BATON post. Thank You.NOTICE TO AIRMEN #2: Please refrain from making flight reservations. Others want to join in on the race, and it is unfair to them because they feel they can not take the baton once the most recent LANDING post has been made because they do not want to take it from someone who has "claimed the next leg." If you get the baton before anyone else, then it's your and you can fly the next leg.NOTICE TO AIRMEN #3: Pilots who are taking the baton do not have to fly to the airport suggested by another pilot. It is a good idea to fly as far as you can in the two hours, but there are no predesignated destinations. Fly as far as you can in the two hours in the general direction TEAM AVSIM is flying.NOTICE TO AIRMEN #4: Try to limit the number of screenshots and posts you make regarding one leg of the race to reduce clutter. Edit your posts as necessary.NOTICE TO AIRMEN #5: The "Two Hour Rule" is a strict guideline! If you are not going to make your destination within two hours, you must divert to an airport which you will land at within (or just after) your two hour flight time. You should post after two hours having taken the baton (if you've not already landed).---------------------------------------------The flightsim thread is located here:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...ID10/36831.htmlKeep it moving guys!THE RULESObjective:To be the first forum to successfully complete (and authenticate) a series of flights around the world. It

Cruising on fltlevel 31000; 300-320 IASWind: 023/17Not too bad !I'll be back within a hour.Johan

Go for it Johan. We're all behind you--hoping that you don't get wet. :-hahM.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Here's a visual representation of our plans. Individual pilots may need to make subtle alterations to fit their aircraft and the 2-hour time frame. But keeping the Baton moving quickly along this route should be a priority for us all.Let's have some fun!Fly on the wings of light, guys.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Johan,Give us your ETA... Even if it's still rough.Today i'll be available to start any flight somewhere between 2200z and 0300z so if needed, i'll be there.And of course, as long as our progress is getting us close to KBOS, we will have a more precise idea of when to make that Mass Online Arrival to KBOS, and of course i'll also be preparing for that and will try to be available.RegardsFrancisco Leit

ServInfo estimates around 22:30Z.I'll be in bed around then, to be up and ready around 0700-0800Z probably (maybe sooner).

Proceeding well.As stated by Jeroen: ETA 2230zulu.But keep watching me: if things go on like now, I calculated to throttle up to 350 when I have finished half the leg.You may follow the flight using Servinfo: callsign: TCA2780.Having captain's dinner in a few minutes !See ya allJohan

I'm flying the Piper Cheyenne 400.And she 's stable and fine !Johan

Almost 50% of this leg is done.Enjoying the late afternoon light !ETA is 22.30zuluJohan

Guest Matt Johnson

The status of both teams:Team FS.Com is enroute to Nadi International, just west of the dateline, enroute to South America.Team AVSIM is enroute to Pinto Martins International, Fortaleza, Brazil, with an ETA of 2230Z -- at which point Team AVSIM will have hit all six continents and will be on the home run to Boston!Keep it up, teams!PS: Map updated, http://www.avsim.com/~mattj/map/--MattJ

I cannot resist.........(Forum moderator don't hit me, it's prevending me falling asleep!!)Johan

Johan, a beautiful sight to behold!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Flight is going on stable, the weather isn't turbulent and not to much changing winddirections.TOD: about 1 hourETA: 2230-2245zulu.Request: in the restaurant of the airport SBFZ they sell Heinekens. Ask for Rafael and let him put some of them away very cold...!!Johan