Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

Pressurization Panel

Bryan:Is the setup of the pressurization panel correct? The landing elevation is always left at 0000? Or do I (the captain) need to set that to landing elevation?Thnx,James

Hello James,The FO will setup the landing elevation on the overhead at around 5 minutes to departure (I'd have to check the exact time though.)He has to do it then (and not during his cockpit setup flow) because in order for him to know what elevation to set, you will have had to enter the Arrival Airport's ICAO in the FMC.FS2Crew reads the Level-D's FMC database to get arrival airport's elevation.So to make a long story short, you do not need to touch the landing elevation. FO does it for you (assuming you entered an arrival airport in the FMC before the FO tries to set the landing elevation.)Hope that makes sense,Bryan

Hmmmm, then something's not working right. I have the FMC completely setup right after my walkaround, except for ZFW, etc. The dep and arrival airports are both in there.The land elevation has been 0000 every flight so far.I always load a flightplan after creatin git in FSBuild; could loading the FP have something to do with it?Ideas?James

Bryan:One thing that I do not do is setup the arrival runway. I wait until descent when the ATC assigns the runway, then I enter it into the FMS. Could this be the problem?? James