Sign in to follow this  
Guest ihorizon

My first flight.....

Guest ihorizon

Since I just passed the 149 hours threshold with AAL Virtual, I figured it was a perfect time to celebrate the promotion to Senior Captain by flying the LDS767 with FS2Crew from my hub at KDFW to KJFK.After trying to figure this thing out and thanks to the prompt help from Bryan, I was ready!After following the instructions and moving the a/c from KSFO to gate A29 at KDFW, I started the add-on. I followed the instructions (for a change) and was able to breeze right through the checklists. Filing a flightplan on Vatsim, I put in the comments that I had FSCrew. The ATC did not seem to acknowledge that. But I'm sure we will change that!Finally we were ready to depart. Going through the checklists while on Vatsim might be a challenge. What I did was to request the IFR clearance at the 12 minute mark and got it pronto. After the readback and receiving clearance to push-back and fire, I informed the tower that we will do so in 12 minutes. Then I changed the freq in comm1 so I can concentrate.Finally zero minutes arrived and the doors were closed and cabin secured. We pushed back and fired. Then we called tower for taxi and received clearance to taxi to rwy 17R via Kilo. While do that, I went through the pre-takeoff checklist. Finally at the runway, did the final checklist and rolled.Flight was a bit uneventful and landed two and a half hours later in New York via CAMRN4 Arrival. Did the checklists as required and had to land manually because the APP was yawing back and forth through the localizer. Landed a bit too hot and actually skidded to a stop at the very end of 4R!The shutdown checklist is nice and the engineer coming on the flight deck is a nice touch.All in all, this add-on is worth every penny of the $25! In fact, I would have gladly paid more! It will take some getting used to. I still have to work the checklists a bit better while online on Vatsim. Especially in a busy airspace like New York on a Saturday night.Again, this will take some getting used to. But it is worth the effort.Thanks for the help earlier. I have LOTS of practice to do!ihorizonSugar Hill, Ga

Glad to hear it's going well.Once you get comfortable with doing a basic flight, you can start getting into the more advances things, such as letting the First Officer handle the takeoff or doing a Monitored Approach, which is really quite different.The packs off takeoff is also kind of fun to do, too. The FO performs the steps associated with that just as he would in the real world.P.S. You shouldn't tell me that you woud have paid more for the product! Next time I just might charge more :-)Bryan

Congruatlations!Flying online with VATSIM while "learning" FScrew is quite an accomplishment. I'm impressed! :) Check out the MAP procedure with your competent FO! I had one today and was able to concentrate on flying the plane while the FO cleaned us up for another go at it. Really fun!Bob...