Sign in to follow this  
Guest Siemund

Marker

Guest Siemund

Hello,thanks for the nice software, really fine to play with. Some small hopes for fixing:1. Maybe marker sounds can be rescued without heavy reprogramming of the secondary switch in a way of changing permanent jamming of marker sound to a toggled one. So at approach (when secondary switch is not needed anymore) marker sounds can be set to "on". Of course that would mean after each secondary push in first half of flight we have to set it to "off" manually for the next possible push in the flow. Not perfect, but rescues the marker sounds.2. The climb thrust 1 and 2 push bottons are also jammed when crossing 12000 feet. Any chance of releasing them.Thanks again and best regardsSiemund

Hi Bryan, Siemund,I personally have learnt to live withour the markers sounds, and as I fly mainly in Europe most of my approaches are CAT1 ILS ornon preceision or (BAV policy is to prefer CAT1) whilst I know that all VA's and hence VA pilots have their own preferences, I have adapted my rudimentary scan to look for the markers on app to airports where the charts indicate they are I.E. Frankfurt.There is a but thought, marker positions depend on the correctness and prioirty of the AFCAD files used to feed the information in the sim, and if you have a clash you can get some pretty weird marker crossings points, which can really throw the pilot off track.AS for the climb thrust washout.THe default LDS has an option to change the washout point. This option is in the level D menu under custom carrier options, three options are availableA. 12,000 ft (default for FS2crew tutorial)B. 30,000 ftC. NoneI use the none option as that keeps the climb 1 and climb 2 buttons active all the time on the TMC and doews not lock them out. Thus in the climb I am monitoring the VS under VNAV and when (if) it drops below 1000 fpm that is when I change the thrust.Also setting the washout to none helps when in the cruise and executing a step climb, as HP can select climb 2 thrust for the step climb section and this keeps the VS down to 700/800 fpm which would be more comfortable for you VA pax's. After the step climb is completed the TMC can be selected by the HP back to crz.Lastly, if the SDK makes it possible for a future update to have the FO place the start switches to flight whilst when you ask him to stick the SB's on for Turb.This is done to guard against accidental "unstarting" of flame out of engines. When the Turb is pressed again, the switches can be returned to auto by the FO

Guest DWillens

Hi Bryan!I second the request to "give back" the marker beacon sound before the approach.Also, on another matter, you might want to take a look at how the CPT is calculating EFFRA when the field elevation is greater than 1,000MSL. I am having some inconsistent calls. Sometimes he gets it right, other times (example KDEN) I have the orange bug set at 450 (i.e. 5450) and the he still says "450" instead of "6450". I guess this would only be on the departure brief. Hope this makes sense?Otherwise things seem to be working well!!Damonps any way to get the FO to flip the fuel cutoffs to on during the start sequence?

Talking about EFFRA, could you think of any way to "refine" the readback a bit? In it's current form its got a few too many similar wavs playing in sequence to sound natural.It is a technical limitation I know, but perhaps change the sentence to plain "Our EFFRA is 1-0-2-0 feet" instead of "We have 0-0-2-0 bugged for a 1-0-2-0 EFFRA." which has a bit too much stuttering in it :-)

Guest DWillens

"Fuel cuttoff to run: That's your (the Capt's) job. That's not going to change."I knew there must be a reason you set it up that way. That's what I get for being such a lazy pilot, trying to get other people to do my work!Damon