Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Pausing?

Hi,At one point I paused MSFS.While paused, like 30 seconds later.FS2Crew started talking. As in, still active!When MSFS is paused, should FS2Crew be paused as well until the sim is resumed?Regards,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello Vaughan,FS2Crew uses internal timers that are independent of MSFS timing system.Generally speaking, the only time this would be an issue is during the pre-flight events.To get around this issue, FS2Crew 767 has its own pause function that can be used during the pre-flight events to pause the countdown timer.There is a clickspot on the watch. If you look at the manual you will see the exact location of the clickspot.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Brian,Thanks for the reply.I have used the clock to pause.I use Radar Contact also. Mid way through the FS2Crew tutor flight I had to divert to a secondary airport because of a passenger (heart problem/breathing problem) emergency.At that point there was no way to quickly get RC and FS2Crew "in sync" with the change in plan as I had to also request an emergency destination deviation with RC.Thus the MSFS pause while I looked at the map view etc.Once "out-of-sync" it is hard to tell which FS2Crew button needs pressing for the correct "flow".Once I started the early descent to the "divert to" airport (which had to be set up in RC) the FS2Crew confusion began ... If everything is internally timed inside FS2Crew what do you do?Just try to expedite the Primary/Secondary buttons to hurry through the earlier than normal checklists?The idea would to keep the "flow" going without getting out of sync.Best Regards,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,Once the pre-flight are done, the majority of things are event driven.Example, descent through altitude X, play sound Y.Press the Main Button, play checklist sound.That's a crude example, but that's how it a lot of it works.So I'm still not sure how things got out out of synch for you.My guess is that after the descent mode was activated, you hit the Main button too soon. But again without actually seeing a video of what happened, it's hard to say.-Bryan

Hi,I guess I did hit the wrong key or somthing!Maybe it is just a learning curve here.The FO was not talking.At this point the pilot needed control. I wish there was an immediate "pilot has control" option in the FO's dialogue box for the emergency procedures. This would alert the FO to do the divert announcement to FA and then to the passengers, followed by the descent checklist.I had to descend from FL230 to 7000, clean up, slow up for the approach vectors within 25-30 miles.Anyway, I really appreciate you getting back so quickly.It is a little tricky getting RC (ATC controller) and FS2Crew (aircraft control) working seemingless together. It is well worth the effort though.When these two programs are in "sync" (which is, almost all the time) it amounts to a very realistic flight .... best ever!Best Regards,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,