Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Approach dialogue

HiWhile enroute before TOD on tutor flight.When selecting the approach (BRIEF)"type, like ILS ..." for (KLAX) clicking the mouse cycles through the arrival approaches (KSFO) and destination (KLAX) types. But, not all that are available. There was only one selection for KLAX.Is this correct?I expected to see all of the available SIDs cycle thru before departure KSFO then later cycle through all of the available arrival STARs for KLAX.When cycling through (clicking the mouse) are you reading what is available in the eg. KLAX.xml? Which has numerous approaches.Regards,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello Vaughan,Try using the right mouse button.For the briefs, FS2Crew does not read the KLAX xml. That would require text to voice capability... the technology is there for it, but we're still not at the point where computer generated voices sound sufficiently human to make it worthwhile.When you play a brief, you're essentially playing a pre-recorded wav file.Cheers,Bryan

OK,Sorry, I was using the right mouse button to scroll through the list.I can understand the audio nightmare with all the various worldwide SID/STARS. Now that I think about it. At the time of my post I guess I felt you were using an audio technology to go get the SID or STAR (.xml) and just read it back. Because it was working so well on the KSFO KLAX flight.So, if you are not on the tutor flight to KLAX e.g.I will always select "generic ILS" for all STARs/runways at other airports?Is this correct?Thanks again Brian for the replies.You have a great product.Best Regards,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,

Obviously we cannot record every brief in the world... that would take up your whole hard drive and I would have to add a zero to the price tag.If a specific brief is not available, just use a generic brief.Cheers,Bryan

Hi,Yes, I can understand that.I will just use the generic brief.Have a good day.Best Regards,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,