Sign in to follow this  
drom

Thanks Bryan! - A couple of questions

Thanks for the time and effort you've taken in expanding the FS2Crew series to include the Level-D 767. I remember a long while back when you were first starting out on the 767 I told you I'd be purchasing it as soon as it came out. Typically things didn't go to plan (a few bills on short final needed to be dealt with) however I have finally acquired your FS2crew add-on!Thanks for the great program, really enjoying it so far though I have a quick question and a bit of feedback for you.1) In the manual you list the hidden clickspots, one of these being the VOR/DME gauge which performs an "Instrument Check". I have completed the tutorial and followed the Flow Charts and am uncertain when precisely I'm meant to perform this check apart from a 'during taxi'. I'd assume it would be done before the controls check but can you clarify this for me please.2) The two sections about 'Manual Event' tell you to see the 'Manual Event Section'. Am I missing a part of the manual or did you send me on a 75 page wild goose hunt? :( In my manual (from the Flight1 Download) I only have two sections in the manual on page 25 & 27 and both refer me to the "Manual event section".3) I'm not quite sure if its possible but would there be a way to implement some type of sleep logic so that you cannot press the mainbutton twice within a certain period. At critical stages, say after the FO has said 'Checklist complete' a delay before the mainbutton can be pressed again would be handy to prevent the instinctual/accidental button press after a checklist. I guess this will probably become less of a problem as I get more familar with the flows but it would still be handy as a backup.However having said that my initial impression is that the secondary button is a bit under used. For myself (and probably a lot of other users) the primary and secondary buttons are both in convient locations so that they can be easily accessed. Would there be any possiblity of expanding the secondary button slightly to increase functionality, possibly as a user option?What I mean by this is that I'd prefer to be able initialise the required checklist with the primary button and respond/complete the checklists with the secondary button. It seems more logical to me to keep the primary button as the event triggers and the secondary button as the responses. It would also reduce the possibility for people like me inadvertantly advance too far.Overall I love the program and it has added a lot to my Level-D experience. I hope my comments were helpful and completey understand if you are too busy with the 747 to do any more changes. In any case I appreciate your efforts and am really enjoying the program.Thanks again!RegardsJeremy Lio

Hello Jeremy,Glad to hear you're enjoying the 767 Edition.1. Instrument check: perform it when you're rounding a bend in the taxiway (plane not going straight).2. Manual Event: Look on Page 56 (Tutorial Flight section). All you basically have to is click MAN EVENT which will open up the Manual Event Window, disengage the Auto Throttle, press the little event button, re-engage the Auto Throttle, and then announce "Speed" when the speed mode changes.Of course this is all optional, if you don't do it nothing bad will happen to the simulation.3. Secondary Button: The 747 Version makes more use of it. I generally however like to stick to the Main Button as much as possible just to help keep the learning curve down. If you want to see a complex arrangement of the Main and Secondary button, try the ATR version.All the best,Bryan