Sign in to follow this  
microlight

Pitch control

It's taking some time to get used to the 732 panel (but well worth the effort!) although I have a question. I read David Vega's document on the autopilot and flight director, and it finally twigged how you should climb and descend. However to get the 732 to pitch up or down, I've had to add a default FS gauge to the panel (the 737-400 pitch wheel) to get the plane to pitch (as I can't find one in the panel), after which I can hold the pitch with the elevator control and the CWS system. Does the flight director pitch cmd control affect the pitch, or if not, is there a pitch control that I'm missing? It seems such a major piece of kit that I'm sure it should be there somewhere.Thanks!;)

Guest Raphouille

Hello,The Flight Director and Autopilot are working totally separately.I suggest you follow this link :http://www.skyvirtual.cl/descargas/manuales.php... download and read the Sperry 77 Autopilot Manual.Have a good time and thank you to the team for this fantastic panel !Rapha

Thanks for the reply, Raphael. I have read the Sperry manual, and I do understand that the FD and autopilot are separate - but I still can't figure out how to raise or lower the pitch without resorting to the 737-400 pitch wheel gauge. Can anyone help?;)

Guest Raphouille

Upon the systems A and B are engaged and the Autopilot Mode Selector is set to MAN,the CWS is active.That means that the Autopilot will trim the aircraft to maintain thepitch you have set using the Yoke.we can say : Pitch wheel = YokeHope that helpsRapha

Guest RonB49

The pitch wheel is on the throttle quadrant, to the left of the spoiler handle. R-

Guest daniel.alm

>The pitch wheel is on the throttle quadrant, to the left of>the spoiler handle. R-That's actually the trim wheel. There's no real pitch wheel in the 737-200 as far as I know.

Guest FLEX

>It's taking some time to get used to the 732 panel (but well>worth the effort!) although I have a question. I read David>Vega's document on the autopilot and flight director, and it>finally twigged how you should climb and descend. However to>get the 732 to pitch up or down, I've had to add a default FS>gauge to the panel (the 737-400 pitch wheel) to get the plane>to pitch (as I can't find one in the panel), after which I can>hold the pitch with the elevator control and the CWS system. >>Does the flight director pitch cmd control affect the pitch,>or if not, is there a pitch control that I'm missing? It seems>such a major piece of kit that I'm sure it should be there>somewhere.>>Thanks!>>;)How did you used the 734 pitch wheel? i have problems with autopilot too..

For the TM2 pitch control do this (i had trouble as well):1. Set a pitch in manual flight via trim2. Once steady, engage the ELEV AP control3. From then on, use the joystick (or whatever you use to control plane) to control the pitch, and the AP will hold that via CWS system.

Guest ido_r

once ELEV AP is active (on mode off) the autopilot will maintain any pitch you leave the aircraft at, you can engage it before you set the pitch and you can set the pitch either by trim or the yoke.you cannot engage the ELEV AP while the yoke is not centered (as I understood from the manual)

Guest Salvador

I also had this problem, and in my case it was necessary to set a dead zone in the joystick axis in order for the CWS pitch to work properly... Hope this helps.