Sign in to follow this  
Guest redskin727

autopilot disconnects immediately after selected

Hello! I am a 727 pilot in "real" life, and I want to say that your aircraft and panel are outstanding. Quite an achievement, especially being freeware. All works fine, and I have the latest version, except that the autopilot will not remain engaged. Even in level flight, without exceeding any of the autopilot parameters ie. max pitch, max bank. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks.The autopilot requires the axis to be centered in order to engage. The joystick/yoke should be calibrated/programmed to have a sufficiently large dead zone at the center stop so that minor mechanical centering errors do not result in a non-zero value on the axis. If the axis shows anything other than a 0 (center) value it will not engage.The TinMouse panel simulates the CWS relay clicks...you should be able to hear the relay click when moving into and out of the center position in both pitch and roll axes.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

"The TinMouse panel simulates the CWS relay clicks...you should be able to hear the relay click when moving into and out of the center position in both pitch and roll axes."Really? I hear no clicking but it would be handy. I recently recalibrated my yoke to make it more sensitive to small adjustments and, in doing so, now have a very narrow null zone. It's nice for hand flying now but it is a bear to get the autopilot axes to "stick." I'll listen closely and try to detect the clicks. R-

Sensitivity and a sufficiently wide dead zone are not mutually exclusive. Have you tried using FSUIPC to define the dead zone?CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Did I mention I fly boeings for real? Of course the engine Gen's and hydraulic pumps are on. Thanks John.