Sign in to follow this  
strider

"Cold & Dark" ?

Is there a way to get the TM II to start in a trully "Cold & Dark" config? Even if I save a flight in this condition it restarts with battery on and APU running (but not connected to the bus). The battery might be "the nature of the beast" but I could swear the first time I loaded up the V 1.2 the APU had to be started. Since that first flight, however, it's always running at flight start? I did finally train myself to STAY AWAY from the F5, F6, F7 and F8 keys :( . Old habits die hard! I could not get rid of the incorrect take-off config horn until I realized that I had touched them, out of habit, before using the flap handle or click spots. Once those keys are pushed it seems to screw things up even after going back to the correct flap controls. Setting up F6 & F7 in FSUIPC is next. Vic :-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

> Is there a way to get the TM II to start in a trully "Cold &>Dark" config? Even if I save a flight in this condition it>restarts with battery on and APU running (but not connected to>the bus). The battery might be "the nature of the beast" but I>could swear the first time I loaded up the V 1.2 the APU had>to be started. Since that first flight, however, it's always>running at flight start?No, it was causing all sorts of problems with initializations to have it all shut off when the panel loads. I found it to be less of a problem to have it load powered up in order to initialize things, and then those that want cold/dark can hit two switches (APU & Batt) and easily make it so.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Okie Dokie...but I wasn't imagining things, was I? The first time I started a TM II flight the APU was off? Either way...small issues that are easily overlooked in such a fine freeware addon! Thanks Bob! Vic