Sign in to follow this  
Guest leparakeet

732 Nose deformity

Guest leparakeet

Greetings everybodyI just want to say that the Tinmouse panel is absolutely amazing; it's easily the best freeware panel available, and even rivals the best payware out there. There's one thing I noticed about the flight model though: the nose looks kind of weird when you look at it at an angle. I know for a fact that it does not look that way in real life, since I have spent many, many hours in terminals in the 90s and during the early years of this decade seeing the 732s come and go. I've flown on MetroJet countless times by the way. Is there a reason why the nose of the TM 732 model is so far off? Is there anyway to correct it? Other than that, the model is perfect, absolutely perfect. Once again, I want to thank everyone in this project for all of their hard work. Thanks to you guys, I have a reason to play fs9 again :) (Prior to the TM2 project, I was getting a little burnt out on fs9 and flight simulation in general.)thanks

I have beeen searching for a more detailed 737 freeware for some time, and just came upon this site, so am a real newbe for this kind of plane, but read the posts and know the respect all have for this project.....am in the process of downloading the various models and updates and will read the instructions many times before doing the install.........but, I would really appreciate any/all the comments from those that have gone before and maybe will offset the usual mistakes I make with new planes, especilly since I have been working with smaller jets and twins.......Looking forward to getting this guy up and running, B42L8

>Greetings everybody>>I just want to say that the Tinmouse panel is absolutely>amazing; it's easily the best freeware panel available, and>even rivals the best payware out there. There's one thing I>noticed about the flight model though: the nose looks kind of>weird when you look at it at an angle. I know for a fact that>it does not look that way in real life, since I have spent>many, many hours in terminals in the 90s and during the early>years of this decade seeing the 732s come and go. I've flown>on MetroJet countless times by the way. Is there a reason why>the nose of the TM 732 model is so far off? Is there anyway to>correct it? Other than that, the model is perfect, absolutely>perfect. Once again, I want to thank everyone in this project>for all of their hard work. Thanks to you guys, I have a>reason to play fs9 again :) (Prior to the TM2 project, I was>getting a little burnt out on fs9 and flight simulation in>general.)>>thanks You can always try Eric Cantu's model. The model included with the 'mouse was a commercial project that never got off the ground...Terry Gaff, in conjunction with Flight1, released it for free use with the project, but without any promises for continued development. So...what we have is what we have, until some talented 3D modeler decides to re-create Rome. That said, personally, I don't see anything strange in the nose's appearance.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob, I got the base v1.2, modelpack and update v1.21 installed and tried the FS..., THIS IS REALLY A DETAILED PROGRAM, did not know what to expect, but this is a serious job of plane building and I see now how this is really for real 737 drivers!! Not sure putting the next few updates is going to make it easier to operate for a mid-lever simmer like me............I will take your advice and find the Cantu model and give that a try......I loaded some of the POSKY's and they are a lot simplier, but could never get the VC panels to work, and seemed like every one had the same instrument panel, so kinda took away from the idea of installing various models.......maybe the Cantu is a good balance........nothing against the Tinmouse, this is an AMAZING piece of work!! In my opinion, this is way, way above any payware that I have ever used!!