Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeroen November

Great!

Guest Jeroen November

Hey Bryan,Grongrats on yet another great add-on to the add-on!I just flew the intro flight twice (once with just the quick start tutorial and the second after reading TFM) & I'm impressed.Just a couple af quick questions.1) Turning on the taxi light after landing seems to be the captains job 'cause the FO doesn't do it for me (the L & CTRL+L are defined as they should be). Turning the taxi light off after passing 10.000 & the landing lights work OK. With the 737-series that was done after landing by the FO I recall.2) The FO does arm the GPWS, but doesn't test it first (as again was the case with the 737. Pressing the TFC-button is of coarse the job of the captain (as it's on his side of the panel)3) The choice of secondary assignment function key sometimes triggers the annoying beeps (since it's the marker beacon function) on take off.But as I said...GREAT JOB!!Greets,Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,Glad to hear you like it!1. The FO should turn on the taxi light after landing. Please confirm that prior to landing the taxi light is in the 'off' position. Remember that the FO toggles switches blindly.2. My 747 consultant never mentioned that he tests the GPWS, but I'll ask him.3. Never had that happen, but I could see how it could happen if the airport has a marker beacon. Did you hear any beeps at RSKI? Cheers!Bryan

Guest DWillens

I didn't even know that there was a way to test the GPWS on the PMDG747. How do you do it?Damon

Guest Jeroen November

Hi again,1)Will check...2)Oops, I made a mistake, I didn't mean GPWS, I meant the TCAS system. All those abbreviations sometimes make my alphabet go beserk :)3)Yup RKSI gave me the bleeps on TO.Greets,Jeroen

Guest Jeroen November

Hi Bryan,Yes I'm using the default scenery. The beeps (I got them 2 out of 3 times) I get when using the secondary to tell the FO to engage the autopilot. getting the beeps is indeed logical 'cause at that stage you 're flying outbound runway 15R which has marker beacons.Greets,Jeroen

Guest DWillens

On a related subject:I noticed that the FO does not do a fire system test. Does the Capt do this on the real thing?Damon

Hi Damon,Everything is airline specific so I'll have to ask the FO who works at the airline I modelled.It wasn't mentioned in my notes though.Perhaps it's because the engineer would have done it before you got on the plane.Cheers,Bryan

Damon neither the TCAS or Fire system is tested. These are maintenance functions. Any system faults will bring up an EICAS message at the time of the fault. Of course nothing stops yopu from testing the system if you suspect that there might be a fault.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest Jeroen November

OK thanks for the replies,It just shows how different procedures are at different airlines.Well Steve, since you gave yourself away at the PMDG-forum we now know that the ANZ-cockpits are a lot more quiet (which gives more time for chit chat :)), why auto-start is only possible on GE-engines in the manual (as per ANZ 747's)and why NZAA appeared in the airport list with voice talent (which is great & will be even better since EGGL, KLAX and NZAA will be high detail airports in FSX).Greets,Jeroen