Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loiosh

Blue Screen: KMODE_EXCEPTION

Guest Loiosh

This is rather an unusual problem for me. I'm running a Windows 2000 machine and after installing FS2Crew if I attempt to use my beloved 747-400 (With GE engines) the entire computer will BSOD. Uninstalling FS2Crew resolved the problem. I have the following add-ons that I will try to remove to track down where the conflict / issue is (assuming Win 2000 is compatible?). Here's a list:RXP WxRadAdvDispSquakBox 3

Guest Loiosh

Ok, pulled them all out. The BSOD occurs at the moment I select the PMDG 747-400 and click the 'OK' button. Before the game can return to the 'Create a Flight' screen it throws the STOP 0x1E error. Here's the full report:STOP: 0x0000001E (0x80000004, 0x80468DE2, 0x00000001, 0x00060300)KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x80000004 from 0x80468DE2 (0x00000001, 0x00060300) - NTOSKRNL.EXEFrom the results it looks like a graphics-card error (8000004 is a memory register for my GeForce 7800GTX driver). It is a read operation (0x01) at offset 0x00060300. I don't suspect that'll be any use, but there ya go. I'm going to update my drivers tomorrow and play around with it some more to see what could be causing that kind of error.-- I did check I see a GaugeSound.dll file in the WINNT/system32 directory. It is version 1.0.0.1 with Comment: THIS MODULE IS LICENCED TO BRYAN YORK. © 2005 bluesky software / STZ KCI'll try a graphics card update and play around a bit to see if I can get it to occur in Vista.

Hi LoioshI'm actually surprised you got the PMDG 747 working on a Windows 2000 machine. On the PMDG site they specific the system requirements as Windows XP compatible only. Still the fact that it is running is a good thing!I had a look at your exception and discovered the following. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;294690*You'll have to copy and paste the link as it doesn't display right*Don't worry that the numbers are not all the same, they are derived from the crash specifics.It seems to recommend installating the latest service pack. If you haven't done that I would recommend installting it and then giving it a try.This may/may not help but I thought I'd post it anyway.Jeremy

Guest Loiosh

Ah, the XP note would explain it. I'll just wait until I make my full upgrade to Vista and then try again. Darn, I really love my 2000 =)