Sign in to follow this  
Guest pierre974

New Video - VTBS Part 1

Guest pierre974

Hi fellow captains,here comes a new video stuff showing my first arrival at New Bangkok Intl Airport with the great PMDG 744 and FS2Crew - Landing runway 19R (precision approach turning into a visual one)...Enjoy :-wedge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzCqVCmM1o

Guest pierre974

Thanks a lot Bryan ! FS2Crew is so cool... It redefined the FS atmosphere... I've just purchased the 767 edition and I must say that it's a real treat !!! You can almost think that you are in the real one... It also forces you to do the flow of procedures (almost) correctly. Thanks for these great add-ons. Keep up the good work !

Nice video Pierre.Sweet touchdown. What program did you use to capture the video?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest pierre974

Thanks a lot Steve - It's a kind compliment from a real world pilot...Well, I use Fraps for the video capture - but I heard that it was not the best one. I don't know if there are better utilities to do so.Regards.

Must look into that.Just a suggestion from my observations of your flight.I noticed you used ILS raw data on your ND on the approach. Is there a reason why you did this? The raw data is available to use on the PFD. It is important to keep the ND in map mode to monitor correct waypoint passge and sequencing. Quite often the FMC will miss out a waypoint and not sequence to the one ahead. This can be quite embarassing if you do a missed approach and expect to go straight ahead and instead do a low level turn back to a waypoint behind you! Also I would ensure you have other navaids tuned and displayed. I noticed you had your VOR/ADF select switches in the off position. Minor stuff really as otherwise it was very well flown.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest pierre974

Thanks for this accurate adjustment. Indeed, SVB-VOR should have been tuned and displayed for this approach. Concerning the ND mode, your remark is well-appreciated, for I was not aware of the importance of the map mode in the eventuality of a missed approach. From now on, I will monitor the waypoint passage and sequencing. So great to have real world pilots on this forum.Regards.