Sign in to follow this  
Guest _MSW_

What is Assumed Temperature in FP?

What goes in Assumed Temperature in the FP? Is this outside temperature at takeoff? Degrees C or F? The range is only 30 - 60 so if it is outside temperature what if it is colder or hotter than the range? Everything else works fine and makes sense to me except for this.Please help, thanks!Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi !!!Usually assumed temperature is the temperature u shouldinsert to have a derated take off. THis temperature usually is used to make the fmc calculate a lower power setting during take off to use theengine less instead of using maximum power. The assumed temperature is calculated using some sheet and in base of Some value the crew work out the value to insert in the fmc. For that tha range is 30-60 as us the assumed temperaturemust be hotter than the real one.. Celcius is usually used...Regards alfredo

Thanks for the response. I found the assumed temperature charts on the PMDG OPs site. The charts have good instructions on how to use them.Mike

Looks like the charts are for certain airports and runways only. I guess I can still use them and still be close. Mike

I know, but where can you get them? I tried searching the net but came up empty except for the ones at PMDG.Mike