Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

SimConnect and .NET

For those of you "in the know", does SimConnect provide an interface with .NET managed code, a regular COM interface or the more traditional DLL? I have serious hopes for .NET!Cheers,E.M.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>For those of you "in the know", does SimConnect provide an>interface with .NET managed code, a regular COM interface or>the more traditional DLL? I have serious hopes for .NET!>>Cheers,>>E.M.I'm writing quite a post that will tell all sorts of info. I wrote one earlier and lost it in a crash, so I'm going to go a bit simpler this time.However, to answer your question, there's all three. There's a managed wrapper for .NET (For C# or VB) and then the more standard C++ interface for DLLs or EXEs.

Excellent!I will look for your post.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comwww.mikesflightdeckbooks.com

SimConnect is a C/C++ SDK that allows you to create external programs or DLLs for use with FSX.A managed wrapper provides access to almost the entire C/C++ SDK for use in C#/.NET projects.The SDK is event driven. In other words it is a bit like email ... you request for something to be done and then you wait for a response from FSX with the results.

>SimConnect is a C/C++ SDK that allows you to create external>programs or DLLs for use with FSX.>>A managed wrapper provides access to almost the entire C/C++>SDK for use in C#/.NET projects.>>The SDK is event driven. In other words it is a bit like email>... you request for something to be done and then you wait for>a response from FSX with the results.Awww man, this is gonna be GREAT!!! :-)