Sign in to follow this  
Guest camtech

how to use

i have a eight monitor setup five for views and three for instumentation.I also have gotten the triplehead2go to handle my main three views front, front right , front left.I want to now connect the far right and the far left views thru another two computers, in other words one com for the left view and a com for the far right view, i did this with wideview, im now wanting to due the same thing thru simconnect.is thia possible.Im still tweaking triplehead2go , i was getting between 17 to 20 fps running FSX without triplhead2go and now with it im getting between 4.9 to 7.0 fps, im sure im doing somthing wrong.my system is a 3800+ 64,7800 os gs agp 256,2 gig ram, 80 gig 10.000 rpm sata drive.Thanks.........Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Prior to using the triplehead, were you only using one monitor to render FSX to? Because now you are rendering three times the view.

No my friend i was using one computer per view , for instance the server would fun just the main view and the right front view was on a client computer and the same for the left front view on its own computer connected thru wideview. So i had five views and five computers per view thru wideview.Now that i just got triplehead2go that will give me two extra coms to use for somthing else, i now want to know if i can connect extra views through simconnect on other coms.I like everyone else is new to FSX, and im tring to learn the new features.They were using the triplhead2go at the conferance in washington and it looked real good across three screens on one video card.

>I want to now connect the far right and the far left views>thru another two computers, in other words one com for the>left view and a com for the far right view, i did this with>wideview, im now wanting to due the same thing thru>simconnect. is thia possible.I'm sure it is possible via Simconnect -- I think that will be how the new WidevieW for FSX will be operating, not via FSUIPC as before.If you are planning writing your own replacement for WidevieW then I think there's certainly enough information in the Core Utilities SDK to allow you to do this.If you are thinking that SimConnect can do such a thing "on its own", then I'm afraid you misunderstand it a little. SimConnect is an interface, it doesn't do anything on its own, it needs an application.In FSX there may be another possibility for multiple views. I've not investigated it at all, but wouldn't the "shared cockpit" facilities do the job? If you can, as advertised, have pilot, copilot etc all in the same aircraft on their own Networked PCs, then I don't see why the same arrangement cannot be used (minus the rest of the crew) just for the views they provide. Worth investigating?RegardsPete