Sign in to follow this  
Guest mderdem2

Replacing the Flight Dynamics Engine

Guest mderdem2

Hello,I haven't got FS SDK yet but I am trying to figure out if the SDK allows a developer to replace the FDE (flight dynamics engine) to simulate other kind of aircraft or replace the existing flight dynamics model with another one.Any links or info bits are appreciated !Thanks in advance,MDE

Hmmm...Very intresting question! That way it would be possible to create aircraft like the ospray and harrier with proper FD. It would even be possible to create zeppelins or to add a module witch gives us propper orbital physics for LEO stuff! :-ufo2 Anyway with the new possibilities of FSX I'm sure we'll see some funny stuff in the next few years! :-hah

Guest mderdem2

Yes, but only if FS X supports replacing the flight dynamics engine. I haven't found a clues yet.

You could write something that controlled the dynamics with whatever variables you leeched from the sim and then used that to position the aircraft, but I don't see anything anywhere to suggest that a wholesale replacement of the FDE is possible.