Sign in to follow this  
Guest ecm200

Problem with SimConnect and FeelThere Legact/ERJ-145

>Being a developer Pete, did you have or do you>know if anyone in the addons industry had much discussion with>microsoft on the design of this connectivity issue?I most certainly had lots to say about the information being provided, but the method used was more of a fail accompli I'm afraid. The performance didn't seem to be an issue during the Beta phases, though of course the performance of debug levels of a product is not something one is terribly suspicious about in any case. When I learned of the method used, which was quite late on, I did profess some degree of skepticism but outright condemnation didn't seem warranted by what we saw then, and no one had any of the security block problems at all until after release. And there was so much else to get working in any case -- my main concern, information-wise, was the weather which still isn't right.>I've done some debugging using log files for the guys at>FeelThere and as far as they can tell, SimConnect is working>properly, but not calling back.Yes, that's a typical SimConnect bug -- obviously it ISN'T working "properly" if it isn't calling back. I don't know how they can say that with a straight face -- they are contradictory terms. ;-)This typically happens after an "I/O Error", and probably after an "Inactive", and certainly after Multiplayer is started. This is why FSUIPC4 times out the arrival of certain essential callbacks and re-connects if they don't arrive. It's a work-around until the bugs are fixed. I also request Sim State values at regular intervals when "disconnected" normally (as when in FS Menus) which should guarantee me a State callback. Again, I re-connect if they don't arrive too.>This could be something to do>latency issues that I read about, with FSX corrupting write>commands from addons before they get a chance to read the>response. That would kind of explain the reason for the>callback function not being sent.No, none of that makes any sense to me. All latency would do is give you either a slightly later value or a value slightly out of date -- depending where the delay occurs. There is no excuse for simply not sending requested information. That would certainly be a bug, as would any type of command corruption.>Considering the only dll that is>called by FSX is the HUD dll, do you think it's worth>disabling the HUD.dll with the legacy and seeing if the gauge>works correctly.I don't know what the DLL is doing -- it may be servicing the gauge for all I know. You'd need to temporailty rename the DLL so it won't load and see what effect that had.>As far as I can see, we need a little bit visible>acknowledgement from Microsoft. I mean we pay $70 for the>product, so you would think that they would have someone or>even a team of people crawling around the developer forums.I don't think they can commit to anything till they arer sure what they can do, so stay quiet. I'm sure they read most things though.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest ecm200

>>Yes, that's a typical SimConnect bug -- obviously it ISN'T>working "properly" if it isn't calling back. I don't know how>they can say that with a straight face -- they are>contradictory terms. ;-)>The guys at FeelThere haven't been too descriptive in this department, as I don't really expect them to do with a commercial product. But, the call back routines are obviously a problem, and are not being handled correctly by SimConnect or may be even FSX core runtimes. Hopefully, from my point of view, this will be serious enough a problem for them to warrant a service update of SimConnect.>>I don't know what the DLL is doing -- it may be servicing the>gauge for all I know. You'd need to temporailty rename the DLL>so it won't load and see what effect that had.>The hud.dll is a gauge addon and is for the heads up display in the legacy. I don't think it is related to the gauge or the panel as people have reported the Legacy working successfully without the HUD working. Although, admittidly, the problem for them WAS the HUD not working. I am thinking may be the HUD is causing the Legacy to work incorrectly. I am , as you may sense, clutching at straws!I am quite interested in getting into development (extending my programming knowledge) and I'm thinking that making things for FSX might be a good way to start. I've just got to get my PhD finished first!Thanks for all the pointers Pete, appreciate it.CheersEd