Sign in to follow this  
Guest scotthendry

Setting the brakes with SimConnect

Guest scotthendry

Whenever I use SetDataOnSimObject to set the brakes, they go to full on regardless of the value I pass in. I've tried +ve, -ve, 0 and fractional values. Everything sets the brakes full on. Also if I try to set only one brake, they both get set at the same time. The SDK sez that this variable is a percent, then states that it is 0=off 32K=on. This doesn't seem consistent. Any ideas?Thanks

>Whenever I use SetDataOnSimObject to set the brakes, they go>to full on regardless of the value I pass in. I've tried +ve,>-ve, 0 and fractional values. Everything sets the brakes full>on. Also if I try to set only one brake, they both get set at>the same time. The SDK sez that this variable is a percent,>then states that it is 0=off 32K=on. This doesn't seem>consistent. Any ideas?If you mean "BRAKE LEFT POSITION" and "BRAKE RIGHT POSITION" values, they work okay for me. Specify the data type as "position", then supply the values as a double (floating 64-bit) from 0.0 to 1.0.I agree the documentation is confused.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Has the SP1a documentation stated this more clearly?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Has the SP1a documentation stated this more clearly?No, no change. But the list of Unit types, at the back of the Simulation Variables documentation, does include "position" in the list of those quoted as "Normally a value between 0.0 and 1.0 ...".However, the documentation is probably incomplete in this regard, as I think there are more types than listed there. You can apparently have variations. For example, I think you can have "position 128" for a position value running from -128 to +127. Whether there's a "position 32768" or "position 32k" to match up with the listing for BRAKEs and so on, I don't know.I do know I use "position" to get a 0.0 to 1.0 value successfully, so I leave it at that.RegardsPete

Guest solderer

It is no problem to read Brake Right Position and Brake Left Position, but it is really problem to write this vars. The brakes become to full position if you try to set this vars with any values. Is any body who try set this and solve the problem?

>It is no problem to read Brake Right Position and Brake Left>Position, but it is really problem to write this vars. The>brakes become to full position if you try to set this vars>with any values. Is any body who try set this and solve the>problem?Yes, as already posted above (and on another Forum in answer to your same question): specify the data type as "position", then supply the values as a double (floating 64-bit) from 0.0 to 1.0. This works fine in FSUIPC4.Pete