Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Simconnect Connection Help Please

>We may be taking the meaning of 'zooming in' differently. By>zooming in I mean getting closer to the airport, so fewer>things are displayed, but they are larger.No, that's the way I understand zooming too. I tend to have the zoom set so I can easily check all the gates and their airline traffic settings, modifying them as needed.>If you have the>entire EGCC terminal displayed at one mile accross then that>is very much zoomed out.No no, zoomed out is showing all of the airport, so I can check perimeter fences, runways, navaids and so on! ;-)>You really want to zoom in so that the displayed area is not>more than 500 feet across or so to see the place, in my>opinion.Oh, I have never had anything zoomed in that far. Why would I? Why would anyone? I especially don't have any need to with my small adaptations and changes. Guess I'll never see the aircraft icon.Obviously your program is aimed at someone more serious in minute detail than the occasional AFD tinkering I do, as I used to do with AFCAD. Never mind.I also have AFX, which is better in some ways, but seriously worries me that it isn't dealing with everything correctly when it says it is losing some stuff from AFD BGLs which came with MyTrafficX.Best RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest rf360m

>Oh, I have never had anything zoomed in that far. Why would I?>Why would anyone? I especially don't have any need to with my>small adaptations and changes. Guess I'll never see the>aircraft icon.>>Obviously your program is aimed at someone more serious in>minute detail than the occasional AFD tinkering I do, as I>used to do with AFCAD. Never mind.>Hi Pete,You don't always have to be zoomed in that much to see the plane icon. The plane icon can be displayed as anything from a Cessna to a 747. By default it is a Cessna, which requires you to zoom in much more than a 747 would need.We hope that the program is flexible enough to meet the needs of many different types of designers, and this seems to be the case.So you can zoom in once to see the icon, and then change it to a 747. After that you'll be able to see it when you are zoomed out viewing the entire terminal.This how-to-guide may also help you: http://www.zbluesoftware.com/fsxplanner/simconnect.cfm#plane-Russell

>You don't always have to be zoomed in that much to see the>plane icon. The plane icon can be displayed as anything from>a Cessna to a 747. By default it is a Cessna, which requires>you to zoom in much more than a 747 would need.Hey, I just reloaded FSXplanner and even without Zooming I managed to get the plane icon. Something odd must have been happening with the options somewhere, because it would not appear before. And even the Cessna one is visible at my normal sort of zooms -- thought mostly obscured by the cursor cross when it's there too.I've changed it to a 737 (my normal bird) and it's fine now. I just don't understand why it wasn't there before!>This how-to-guide may also help you:>http://www.zbluesoftware.com/fsxplanner/simconnect.cfm#planeThanks. I'll be checking that next, because the AFD file I've just downloaded for the revised EGCC runways, though it is much better than the default in many ways, loses me the push-back trucks and other airport vehicles! I hope there's some way to get those back as I was getting quite fond of them! ;-)Thanks for your patience!Best RegardsPete

Oh, BTW, I'd love to contribute, as this is a very worth while development, but I see you don't take PayPal? If you can take PayPal please let me know. petedowson@btconnect.com.Best RegardsPete

Guest rf360m

>Oh, BTW, I'd love to contribute, as this is a very worth>while development, but I see you don't take PayPal? If you can>take PayPal please let me know. petedowson@btconnect.com.>>Best Regards>Pete>Thanks very much for wanting to contribute! As you noted we don't take PayPal, but we do have a donation page which accepts most major credit cards. The address is: http://www.zbluesoftware.com/fsxplanner/donate.cfm Of course we understand if that does not work for you.-Russell

I suspect a few folk may be in the same position as me, if they have a router. I've been unable to connect no matter what I do -- netstat shows no FSX connection at all. However using the alternative XML file suggested by the FSXPlanner website, I've finally been able to connect. The main problem I had was the IP address -- I've always used 10.1.1.2, but actually got around to checking it -- now its 10.1.1.4. Oops...I suspect, though, that I'd never be able to make an 'automatic' connection while the router is working.-Robin CornGodzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz

>I suspect a few folk may be in the same position as me, if>they have a router.... The>main problem I had was the IP address -- I've always used>10.1.1.2, but actually got around to checking it -- now its>10.1.1.4. Oops...If you allow the router to assign your IP addresses they can, indeed, change each time you power up everything. I've always assigned specific IP addresses to each of my PCs, and the router too. All routers allow this to be done.The other way of dealing with changing IP addresses is simply to never use them -- give the PC's name instead. That doesn't change unless you specifically change it.So, wherever you currently place the IP address, just replace it with RegardsPete