Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel42

Acceleration/SP2 and SP1 SimConnect

Guest Daniel42

On Phil's blog I read that Acceleration will include the fixes from SP1 as well, so I suppose the same will be true for SP2.Just to make sure:For a user upgrading from RTM to SP2, will the SxS SimConnect.dll for SP1 get installed as well? (assuming there wil be a new SimConnect.dll for SP2)Daniel

>On Phil's blog I read that Acceleration will include the>fixes from SP1 as well, so I suppose the same will be true for>SP2.Yes. Acceleration really is SP2 plus the extra aircraft, scenery, missions.>For a user upgrading from RTM to SP2, will the SxS>SimConnect.dll for SP1 get installed as well? (assuming there>wil be a new SimConnect.dll for SP2)There is a new SimConnect in SP2/Acceleration, and it is a loty better as it can use Named Pipes for the local connections instead of TCP/IP. This frees it from a lot of the security program blockages we had, and makes it much more efficient for heavy SimConnect users like FSUIPC and TrackIR, to name but two (but only provided they link to the new version of course).But your question as to whether it installs SP1's Simconnect is an excellent one. I really don't know. If it really includes all of SP1 you'd think so, but I cannot swear to it.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Since Acceleration is on a DVD, it had room to include SP1. So Acceleration will install over either RTM or SP1. SP2 is a download, so it does not include SP1. You need SP1 already installed for the free download.With that said, I need to doublecheck what the options are for a 3rd party app to SimConnect in and what dlls are installed.

>Since Acceleration is on a DVD, it had room to include SP1.>So Acceleration will install over either RTM or SP1.>>SP2 is a download, so it does not include SP1. You need SP1>already installed for the free download.Ah. Mea culpe. I understood this wrongly!I did think that the sheer amount of overlap, changed modules and the like, would make SP1 + SP2 really not that much bigger than either -- the bulk of Acceleration being from the additional aircraft, missions, scenery etc.RegardsPete

the size of SP1 is 210m, the size of SP2 is about 110m. So a+b=320m. we didnt feel comfortable putting that much into 1 package, and it would have complicated setup and testing of SP2 which is already delayed. more delay==worse.

>the size of SP1 is 210m, the size of SP2 is about 110m. So>a+b=320m.Well, yes, though I wouldn't have thought you'd include all of the SP1 parts which are replaced in SP2 -- all of the FSX executable parts to start with. You seem to be implying that SP2 changed nothing which was also changed in SP1, which certainly isn't the case.>we didnt feel comfortable putting that much into 1 packageNo, I'd agree if it were really just the two updates cobbled together, rather than simply the superset of the two.Never mind. It'll be a done deal by now I suppose, anyway.RegardsPete

Guest Daniel42

Thanks for your answers and the discussion.Daniel