Sign in to follow this  
fbsammy

Level-D SDK and simconnect: Howto? (newbie)

Hi all,I am very new to Simconnect. Also not the best programmer. I can manage with Delphi but seeing simconnect made me download Visual C++ Express Edition. It's not easy and I find it hard to get on track.What I want to do is eventually use simconnect with the Level-D 767. (It ships with an SDK kit) Why? I like to make a procedure trainer with C++ that connects to FSX - LevelD and tracks status / progress/ swithes etc. I just don

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I re-read my post and concluded I didn't ask the right questions.I have tried succesfully the (excellent!) tutorials from notasenator with C# (is part 5 still coming?). I like C# as it is far more easy than C++. What I really want is to be able to connect to the level-d 767. They provide a sdk, but it is for C++ not for C#. Thats why I downloaded C++. But, I concluded C++ is not the tool for me. Better stick with C#.Question is: Can I still connect to level-d with C#, or do I really have to use C++? And, Has somone translated the sdk-examples of FSX to C#? I searched a lot on the internet, but can't find anything useful.

Hi Sammy,Simconnect is a tool from Microsoft to get information from FSX or to set information into FSX. The Level-D 767 is an add-on program for FSX. It ships with an SDK (Software DEvelopment Kit) in C(C++). If you want to build a procedure trainer for 767 you better interface with this SDK. Simconnect is of no use for you. You have to write a program in C (or C++) in order to exchange information with the Level-D via its SDK.FYI: I have written C(++) free programs that interface with the SDK, they translate the SDK into FSUIPC offsets (FSCONV) or Opencockpits SIOC variables (Lekseecon). I can tell you that I'm a experienced programmer and it took me about a full year, so you have an idea about the task at hand...Hope this helps you to get a better idea of what is what (for).Regards,Nicohttp://www.nicokaan.nl

Hi Nico,Thanks (bedankt!) for the answer.I visited your website to check out the programs you mentioned. I seems you did a great job for the cockpit building communty !Greetings,Eric