Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

Lost in the Triangle (Help Pls)

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

I have tried this mission a few times now, only to have the exact same thing happen at the exact same part of the mission.While heading towards Leg 4 of the search, just a mile or so away, my co-pilot explains that he doesn't think that the boat would be this far south, and that 'maybe' we should turn back. First time I played it out, I continued the search, and proceded to pass the Leg4 waypoint and add another two legs myself. After finding nothing, I flew back to Leg4's waypoint and proceded on a GPS course towards DHP (Dolphin Miami). I've also headed to DHP after he says we should turn back. I've tried heading back to the Bimini VOR instead of DHP. I've tried flying around the whole area really.On my way from Bimini back to Leg4 waypoint last night my co-pilot yelled, "What IS that???". I looked around and saw absolutely nothing. I've tried to make this happen again but I can't reproduce the exact same flight line.So.... anyone else having problems at the Leg4 waypoint? I've flown over the waypoint several times trying to trigger the mission into setting me a new one, but of course nothing happens :(

I have found the missing boat at the first run (Leg1), but I was looking outside and spoted it on my left side. The copilot show it when I was very close.The "hard part" is to drop the GPS near the boat. Flying low and slow did the trick.Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

The legs don't take you directly to the yacht, they kind of go around it.The object your co-pilot saw is worth looking for. It's difficult to see unless you are close to it and it's also easier to see when light bloom is on (if you can afford the perf hit).

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

Yeah I managed to find the yacht finally. I had decided to fly long into the night time hours and just fly around in a tighter grid. I never did get the co-pilot to yell out, "What IS that?", again though, I have the sneaky suspicion that something glowing and bright was in our midst, but never actually saw it... I even paused. Oh well... I will be flying that mission a few times to see what I can find.I'm a sucker for the whole UFO thing, I noticed that the mission editor allows placement for some Avengers, I got excited, I set the date/time back and placed myself on the tarmac to see Flt19 take off, but they never did :( The first shuttle launch, nope, Chernobyl (don't ask why I thought of it), isn't in there either :(I got a lot of missions to create :)

Interesting that you thought to set the clock back to look for those things, but we are not that comprehensive...Maybe you'll see the Avengers anyway though :)

Guest Merkava

Anyone can help - where are those Avengers exactelly? I found them. But lost "regards" for it, becouse my FSX crush. :-(I try to find them after it again - but can not.

Sometimes I can't even find them, and I know where they are. I just fly in circles until I run into them and then I try to keep an eye on them until I can get lined up. They don't stay in range for long, so that makes it even more difficult. I have taken screen shots of me flying in formation with them with the flaps and gear hanging out loafing along just above stall, but I won't share them right now... Need to retain the mystery for those that haven't seen it yet.