Sign in to follow this  
Guest bfindlay

Crash on task switch.

Guest bfindlay

hmmm - I was flying the takeoff and landing mission (helicopter) and thinking - I should post a positive review at avsim - just to balance out things. Frame rates are ok, and the sim looks gorgeous on my low end machine (3GHz P4, nVidia 7300GS , 2 G ram) then zonealarm popped up, minimizing the FSX to ask me to allow/deny something to phone home. Clicked deny, and tried to get back to the sim - I can't! It is still running, shows in the task bar, and the task manager shows it as running (as opposed to not responding), yet I cannot anyway or how get back in. Clicking on the minimized window does nothing, using the 'switch to' in task manager does nothing, alt-tab does nothing. THis is not the first time I noticed this, and the program has essentially crashed - it has just done so very politely. I don't know if you would categorize this as a CTD or not.Dang - just when I was started to enjoy it!!

Same here,I tried to use simview (Jeppesen) and after closing the program it was impossible to open FSX. I had to reboot my computer.This problem wasn't only there with simview but many other program, like Outlook Express or IE.Werner

Did you try right-clicking on the process (fsx.exe or fs9.exe) in Task Manager, and selecting "bring to front"?I haven't seen this problem with FS9, but certainly - fsx becomes a background process when you buzz off to launch - say Active Sky, Track IR, or whatever. It seems that clicking on its taskbar icon to restore it to the screen, or using Alt-Tab doesn't work the way it should. Anyway - "bring to front" will do it.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.