Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

CTD WITH FSX AND XP HOME

Originally installed FSX when it first came out. Since I had added several beta programs and tweaks to it, I thought it best to un install it and do a fresh install before adding thenew patch. I also had added the registered version of FSUIPC. I forgot that there was an un install point on disc 1 and instead used Control Panel/Add Remove Programs to do the un install. I did not un install FSUIPC or any of the beta programs or tweaks first.Restarted the computer and installed FSX. I have not installed FSUIPC. FSX will not run. I get all the way through the Select or Create A Flight, but when I click on Fly Now, it crashes all the way to Re Boot, then I get Desk Top with an error message. If I knew how to add a screen shot I would do it here, but the message says:Error signatureBCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BEA0A8913 BCP3: B252C970BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1ERROR REPORT CONTENTSThe following files will be included in this error report:C:DOCUME~1OwnerLOCALS~1TempWER0b3a.dir00Mini051807-04.dmpC:DOCUME~1OwnerLOCALS~1TempWER0b3a.dir00sysdata.xmlI get CTD everytime I try to run the program at the exact spot - Fly Now and get the same error message, except that the numbers after Mini at the end of the first line change a liite with each CTD.When I click on View Technical Information about the error, it takes me to an MS page that talks at length about driver errors and gives complex suggestions for a fix. Not being very computer literate, I am afraid to start down that path.Any suggestions anyone?elitehow

Guest firehawk44

Looking at attachment 4, it's imperative that your defrag your hard drive immediately. Repeat immediately. I have never seen a more defragmented hard drive like this ever. This will fix 90% of your current problems. If you are not familiar with the procedure to defragment your hard drive, click on the Start button and then Help and Support. Search for Defragmenting my harddrive. Solutions will appear and you simply proceed from there. You need to defragment your harddrive at least monthly and I usually do it once or twice a week. Installing FSX creates a massive amount of defragments on your harddrive and you definitely need to run the defragmenting program immediately after installing FSX and then again after installing SP1. Based on the amount of defragments on your harddrive, be prepared for the defragging process to last several hours. Maybe all night. When I had XP, a large harddrive, and several defragments, I started the defragging process before going to bed and left the computer running all night. I turned off the monitor though to save some energy. Hope this helps!Best regards,JimEDIT: You also need to purchase a larger harddrive. You are almost out of disk space!