Sign in to follow this  
PelicanHazard

FSX doesn't like setting changes

Hello.I'm having some strange problems with FSX. I cannot go to the menu inflight and change settings without FSX CTD'ing. Doesn't matter what I want to change: weather, aircraft, controller options, flight plan, fuel. They all cause a crash.Also, sometimes the sim will crash when I go from a page in the main menu [say, free flight or missions] to the settings page, change a few things, then try and switch back to whatever page I was on. Unlike the inflight menu bar problem, this one doesn't always happen.The problems started the same week I installed FSX. I haven't tweaked the fsx.cfg except for the changes MegaSceneryX made when I installed it a few weeks back.My computer specs:Dell E1505 Inspiron laptop2.0 GHz Centrino DuoATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (had Catalyst 6.9 when FSX installed, upgraded to 7.9 months later)Vista Ultimate 32-bitFSX+SP1+Acceleration is installed on an external HD.Any help is appreciated.Alan

Guest Adamsman

Alan, I have a Dell & have same problem. I have been told that this is a Nvidia driver issue (?) I have latest driver for my Gforce 7300. Anyway, I have found that the simple solution to this for me is to exit full screen (ALT + Enter) flipping to Windowed screen. Make your changes from Menu bar and then flip back to full screen after FSX has made the change. Hope this works for you, Paul

I don't think that solution would work, as I have an ATI graphics card.In any case, FSX stopped crashing after I removed quite a few airplanes that I was no longer using; maybe one of them caused the problem...Thanks for your input, anyways.Alan