Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Innsbruck Approach Mission CTD on Loading

Found during the holiday when I tried to fly the Innsbruck approach {IA} mission in SP2. I had previously only flown it when I first got FSX ie the RTM version. After many hours of testing, including a full re-install, I found the following:RTM - no problems, the IA mission loads normally even at high settings.SP1 - If you first load the Default flight and once airborne select the IA mission everything loads ok - If you go from "free flight" to "missions" and then select IA, it starts to load normally, reaches 100%, pauses for about 5 secs and then crashes with a d3d9.dll error.SP2 - as per SP1I have tried different NVidia drivers and my last run was in a totally clean FSX installation with only FSUIPC added right up to SP2. Reducing the sliders significantly {to zero!} very occasionally allowed IA to load but this was very inconsistent. I also tried several other missions; all ok.My system C2d 6600; 3 gig RAm; 7950GTCannot see any reason for the difference - there seemed no change to the IA files after RTM.But something to add to our store of knowledge of FSX.John Rooum

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!