Sign in to follow this  
tanker

ES CJ1 + RC4 = CTD

Hi Everyone,I'm pretty new to FSX, but lots of experience with FS9. My problem is that I'm getting a CTD when flying the Eaglesoft CJ1(FSX ver) and RC4 (ver 4.3.3845). It usually happens when I am switching views or in 2d panel when I bring up a sub-panel, usually sometime after takeoff. I can fly the CJ1 in FSX without RC4 and never have a problem. Likewise, I can use RC4 with any of the default aircraft or with FSD Navajo, and it works perfectly. This is a relatively new FSX install, with SP1. I have no add-on scenery, have not done any "tweaking". My PC is holding at 31 - 35 C and is not overclocked or shown any signs of instability.I've posted at both the RC4 and Eaglesoft forums, but no solutions. I have not installed SP2 yet, but I doubt that it will help this problem.Any ideas? Dale

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Today I finally did a successful flight with the ES CJ1 and RC4. Since my original post, I tried installing SP2 - big mistake! I got lockups and/or a ctd every time I selected a menu item. I tried downloading the latest driver from Nvidia (69.21) and let FSX build a new cfg file, but no help.I then uninstalled SP2, again built a new fsx.cfg file and kept the updated driver. So far, everything works. I switched from vc to 2d panels and back, pulled up sub-menus, slected almost every item from the menu and it all worked. Dale