Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Joystick Sensitivity Adjustment - How?

I need to know how to properly adjust stick sensitivity. I am experimenting with a game controller I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. I don't know the brand (ElCheapo I think), but it does have a switch for analog control for the two joysticks. I have successfully mapped the right stick for yoke and the left stick for rudder/throttle. I am very happy overall with the functionality except for the sensitivity. I have played with the sliders in the game, I have adjusted the effectiveness settings in the aircraft.cfg all to no joy. It's either way too sensitive where small elevator adjustments make it bounce all over or it's too insensitive and I crash on landings...Any suggestions?dolph

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You might want to consider the registared version of FSUIPC.http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlIt took a bit to get the hang of adjusting my yoks and pedals, but after I did, I cannot say enough for using this utility (in addition to everything else it does). I have never been able to adust my settings as I can in FSUIPC, as you can actually set 'dead' and 'live' zones per input, making things much easier to adjust for sensitivity (I actually did this from the 'exterior view', so I could see how much input was actually moving the rudder, aielerons, and elevator). Perhaps it it your best choice.

Hey thanks. Is there a freeware option? I have no Euros left after shelling out $75 for that other version of FS that I can't use.

>Hey thanks. Is there a freeware option? I have no Euros left>after shelling out $75 for that other version of FS that I>can't use. Unfortunately the free version does not have this feature, but it is much cheaper than the 'to be released' DX10 video card you will want (among other things) in the attempt get the 'full use' out of FSX. :D