Sign in to follow this  
moss1

install Question for Rick Piper HS748 Owners

Hey everyone, I am downloading Rick Piper's HS-748. Do I have to download all the texture packs, or can I just use the base pack by itself? I ask this because I just reinstalled my BAC 111-200 by itself to save some HD space without any problems. I wanted to do the same for the 748 without installing all the liveries if possible. Can this be done? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey everyone, I ended up installing everything. I figured better safe than sorry. I looked to me like the base package didn't have any textures with it. I think the whole package is over 300mb. This is why I wanted to go with as little as possible. Anyway, I just wanted to save anyone time in replying. Thanks anyway.:)

>Hey everyone, I ended up installing everything. I figured>better safe than sorry. I looked to me like the base package>didn't have any textures with it. I think the whole package is>over 300mb. This is why I wanted to go with as little as>possible. Anyway, I just wanted to save anyone time in>replying. Thanks anyway.:) For future reference, the quantity of liveries ( textures ) that are used/needed depend solely upon the entries in the aircraft.cfg file. In your case above, now tat you have the full pack installed, you can go in and delete any textures that you don't plan on using. Then go into the aircraft.cfg file ( backup first! ) and remove those "fltsim.x" sections that refer to the removed textures. Then make sure you go back and renumber the remaining sections to create a contiguous sequence..."fltsim.0""fltsim.1""fltsim.2", etc The " " in the above are actually square brackets which do no translate well in the forum boards. I've been doing this as I move various aircraft over to FSX from my FS9 installs. Especially since FSX doesn't "do" 2D cockpits well, I eliminate any non-VC models where there are both supplied. Right now I have the HS748 and BAC 1-11 510ED moved and edited for FSX. Paul

Hey Paul, thanks for your reply. I will leave it for now, but my HD has 51% left on it. After it gets less than 50%, FS9's performance starts to tank. From what I've read anyway. Thanks again.